Chapter Thirty Four

So here it is, the final chapter. I have decided, however, to write an epilogue. It's going to be emotional bringing this story to an end. I have loved writing it. And loved your support throughout it! Thank you and enjoy! Don't stop commenting, love hearing from you guys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco immidiately dropped his wand. He stood frozen, his eyes locked on the only person that understood him. The only person that ever made Draco explore his greatest emotion. An emotion that was taught to him to keep hidden. A great challenge, one that he played remarkably well until he met Luna Lovegood.

Love, was alien to him before. Of course, he had witnessed love from his parents; the way his mother would whisper it to him at night as she tucked him into bed. But that love was different. This love was unconditional. It took over his whole body, making him slightly insane.

It made Draco long for Luna. It unsettled the reputation he had built amongst his year because every time he would notice this girl, it would take everything in his power not to run to her and sweep her off her feet. Later, he realised that there was no point hiding it anymore. Draco was inlove with Lovegood, and it didn't matter who saw it. 

Draco tried everything to impress her. He did things that would be considered strange due to kind of person he was. But he didn't mind it. Draco enjoyed the smile that he brought to his sweetheart's face. The glow that glistened from her face and made her blue eyes sparkle, like the moving sea on a warm day. With Luna Lovegood, Draco Malfoy would go to the moon and back just to see her share that smile again.

However, Luna wasn't smiling now. Her angelic quality that she always carried with her, now looked disheartened, saddened and disappointed. She was looking at him with eyes of melancholy, the simple look was everything to break Draco.

Bellatrix who had been standing behind her nephew, looked horrified at Luna. Her dark eyes widened and immidiately took out her angled wand and pointed it straight at the young girl. Her lip curled and was about to mutter a ghast curse if it wasn't for Proessor Snape moving Luna out of the way and stepping into the room. Luna didn't notice him approaching, she had even forgotten that Harry Potter was standing behind her as well.

Harry now made Luna step a couple of steps down and wrapped her tightly in his arms. A delicate and gentle hand rested on her waist as the the other rubbed small circles on her back, trying to soothe her. Luna's tears had now tainted Harry's cloak, but Harry merely continued to encircle her in his warmth as a mode of safety.

At the top of the tower, everyone had turned to look at Snape. The one man whose stern and cold look brought everyone to a hault silence. A strange, pained look was plastered on his face.

There was a long silence exchanged between the headmaster and his most loyal teacher. "Severus…" Dumbledore said quietly. Draco had moved to the back of the room shaking, as the rest of the group only anticipated the forthcoming. "Please?"

~

Meanwhile, Hermione had packed all the books she had been looking at into her bag and hurried down the hallway in attempt to find Ron. She wasn't sure why Luna had a sudden urge to look out for Draco, but as her friend it had concerned her too.

The wind was blowing, making Hermione's already frizzy hair tear into a frenzy. She kept pushing it back and out of her eyes, as she approached the garden she spotted Ron leaning against the wall eating a rasberry muffin.

"Ronald!" Hermione snapped as she stomped her foot down. "What are you doing? I've been looking for you everywhere!" She began making several hand movement and noticed Ron's puzzled face as she carried on telling him off, so Hermione suddenly stopped.