Chapter two

Hello to my new fans :) I'm glad you're liking my story. Please comment, vote or whaterver it really helps me develop as a writer.

Enjoy this, and if you have any questions just ask ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First lesson of the day. Defense against the Dark Arts. Luna hurried to her desk next to Neville Longobottom and began reading today's objective on the board.

RedCap was the title. Luna wondered wheather they were going to try and defeat any of these bludgeon creatures in the lesson.

A loud sound was coming from the corrdidor and then the door banged open and Draco Malfoy came stumbling in. Luna froze and stared at him. Her blue eyes scanned all over Draco and he noticed. Draco squeezed a sincere smile, but Luna kept still.

"Draco, since you're late you shall be the first person to do this task." Proffessor Lupin said with excitment.

Draco's face dropped and began to feel quite nervous. However, he tried hard not to show it by laughing.

Luna was quite worried about this task. She knew that RedCap creatures were very dangerous and if you didn't use the right spell or charm you could be in serious trouble. She was convinced that Proffessor Lupin would make Draco battle against one.

As Draco stood infront of the class ready for the orders, Harry kept his eyes fixed on the ceiling. He was the only student that was doing this, and in minutes everyone's eyes followed his.

A small dwarf-like creature appeared hanging from the celeing and on the chandeleir. As soon as Draco noticed, he ran behind Crabbe and Goyle and the whole class began to laugh.

Luna, however, was the only one that didn't. The RedCap jumped down and began to head toward Draco. Luna stepped forward and called out a spell.

"Locomotor Mortis."

The RedCap fell on the floor and its legs became attached. It was as if someone had locked them.

Draco, realising he was now safe, pushed Crabbe to the side and stepped forward pointing his wand on the creature and threatening him with an Unforgivable curse.

Hermione and Harry began to laugh at him, and Luna could hear her whispering the words "I bet his father will hear about this."

As Proffessor Lupin congratulated Luna for the great improvisation, Draco could only feel more ashamed that he didn't come up with it first.

When the lesson ended Draco stopped Luna in the corridor and apologised for the small prank he did on her yesterday. It was the first time Draco was being honest. The fist time he was being nice and the first time he had ever apologised to someone in his life.

Yet Luna smiled at him kindly and accepted his apology. She didn't have to say anything, a simple smile and a nod of agreement was enough for Draco to feel even more sorry to have messed with such an innocent and kind person like Luna.

For a moment they stood there in silence. Draco was staring deeply into Luna's blue eyes and had the expression of having been starstuck.

Luna stared back, but with a different approach. She tried to understand why Draco was behaving in this way. She found it bizzarre how a person who loved to be evil all the time would change in a matter of seconds.

But as Luna began to feel uncomfortable, Draco had stepped back and let Luna dissapear.

She headed to her next lesson, but Draco stood there unmoved.

Crabbe and Goyle came to join Draco and Goyle had a big stick on his hand. At the other end of the stick was a cameleon.

"What's eating Draco?" Crabbe wishpered to Goyle. But it was loud enough to mak Draco turn around and look at them in disgust.

The only thing that Draco was left thinking about during the next lesson was Luna.She has eyes brighter than the moon, he thought.

"Luna." He said to himself and smiled. A rare, yet interesting simle.