Chapter Ten

the christmas dance continued. thanks for all your support I love you guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna was resting her head on his shoulder, but then lifted her head to meet Draco's gaze.

"I beleive in you." She repeated the same words she had said to him a couple of days before.

Draco didn't know what to make of her words. His breathing had quicked and Luna could feel his warm breath on her neck. It sent a shiver down her spine and tingles across her body.

Luna then lifted her hand away from Draco's chest and rested it on his shoulder. The tip of her fingers were touching Draco's neck and as they danced they brushed against his skin almost carressing his neck.

"Luna," Draco whispered, ignoring the rush of shivers that shooted across his body everytime Luna's fingers brushed against his neck. "There's something I need to tell you."

Draco found the strength within him to be able to speak to Luna. His hands around her waist were now almost gripping Luna's body as Draco started to feel nervous. Luna noticed but remained contact with Draco's eyes.

"You can tell me." Luna whispered back.

The music was beginning to reach the point where they had to get back to their partners, and as Draco realised he felt almost releived he didn't have to tell Luna about his feelings. But something deep inside him was telling him to get it over and done with, however, Draco was too stubborn to fall for it.

Draco didn't want to loose hold of Luna either, he wished to remain like this forever. Her deep blue eyes that pierced through him reminded Draco of the clear blue sky. He loved the rush of feelings he was getting as she looked at him. Touched him. He wondered if she felt the same.

Draco loosened his grip on Luna's waist and tried to change the conversation. "Music's almost finished."

"I know that isn't what you wanted to tell me." She insited, but Draco looked away.

Luna rasied her hand and touched his face. She gently brought his face to face her again, eventhough Draco restrained. His feelings were all over the place and he couldn't keep control of them.

"You can tell me." Luna repeated. "Whatever it is. I'm listening."

Luna's lips attracted Draco's eyes. The way they moved at every word. The way they were beautifully sculpted. Like the work of angels, he thought. The way her lips almost glittered with the light. The way they looked so inviting that Draco tried hard to hold back.

And before he realised, Harry was already tapping Draco's shoulder to let go off his date.

Draco didn't want to let go. His heart was racing and his palms sweating. He never felt like wanting Luna more than ever before. He wanted her to be his own. His Luna.

Luna was still watching Draco trying to get through to him. To find the words that he wanted so badly to tell her.

"Draco, you need to go." Harry said quite annoyed at the way he was looking at Luna.

Draco snapped out if it. He looked towards Harry and budged him out of the way as he walked past him.

"What was that about?" Padma asked as she noticed Luna looking almost sad and Harry really annoyed.

"None of your buisness." He fired sending shivers down Padma's spine. Padma kept her mouth shut until the music ended.

As soon as the final key on the piano was heard highlighting the end of the dance, Padma stormed off to her sister and away from Draco.

Draco didn't care about why Padma had done that, and he wasn't interested to find out. The only thought going through his mind were Luna's words. Her lips.

Everyone broke away from the dancfloor and headed to the tables to get some drinks.

Goyle noticed the fury in Draco's eyes and headed towards him.

"What's bugging you?" He asked as kindly as possible not trying to trigger Draco.

"Nothing." He said bluntly.

"Is it her?" Goyle braved to ask as he noticed Draco's eyes were sealed on Luna.

Draco turned to look at him. "Her? Who her?" He wanted Goyle to say the name as he narrowed his eyes at him waiting for the answer.

"Harry's date."

"WHO?" Draco yelled.

"L-Luna." Goyle replied nervously.

Draco laughed.

"Is it?"

"What if it was."

"Is she the reason you were in the Ravenclaw common room." Goyle ignored him, as he connected the dots around the situation together. "Was the note for her?"

Draco's face dropped as Goyle slowly figured it out. Goyle couldn't see Draco acting soft, and caring, he thought. But it was almost as if Goyle didn't look at Draco as something to make fun of. He cared about Draco. Draco was Goyle's friend, eventhought Draco didn't see it.

Goyle then slowly offered Draco a kind smile. "You can tell me."

And it was more than enough to make Draco weak at the knees. They were the same words Luna had said to him. Draco suddenly felt angry that he didn't tell Luna about how he felt.

Draco turned around and stormed off. But Goyle followed.