Chapter Twenty Three

So this is a late update, sorry about that. But I've just been incredibly busy with work. So this chapter 23, I hope you guys enjoy it and don't forget to comment and vote. As usual ;) Danke Shon. <<< German for thank you. Hhaaha. I'm not German but I felt like throwing it in here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Hogwarts, Luna wondered why Draco was missing school. It was almost two weeks since she last saw him and wondered about what could possibly be going on that she doesn't know about.

Why was he with Professor Snape?

Why did he act as if he didn't want to be seen?

Where did he go?

So many questions were dancing around in Luna's head during class. And she couldn't come up with a valid answer that could support them.

During her free periods, Luna spent them in the Ravenclaw common room or in the library. Mostly in the library.

Hermione would sometimes come and sit with her and they would revise together. Other times, she forced herself to get lost in a book so she could keep her mind away from thinking about Draco.

And why was she thinking about Draco? It wasn't like he was her priority. It wasn't as if the world stopped turning whenever he wasn't around. But it felt like that, she thought.

Suddenly, Harry Potter, walked in and interrupted her thoughts.

"Hello Luna." He said hesitating to come and sit next to her. Becuase last time he spoke to her, Harry had witnessed her kiss Draco infront of him.

They settled that they would stay friends, since they didn't feel anything for one another. But despite this, he couldn't accept what he had seen.

"Oh, hello Harry." Luna whispered closing the book infront of her.

For a moment there was an awekward silence, where Harry simply stared at Luna as if to say something but never getting round to saying it. But then Luna plucked up the courage to speak and pretended as if nothing had been worrying her.

"What is it Harry?"

"Are you alright?" He said as he pulled a chair to sit down. "I mean, is there anything that's troubling you and wish to tell someone?"

Luna couldn't help but smile at Harry's concern, but the pain that, that brought was too much to handle and so she decided to lie.

"That's nice of you to ask Harry, but I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He leaned forward trying to reassure her of his support.

"I shouldn't worry you with my thoughts. They're irrelevant. But thank you."

Harry sat back, but kept looking at her not believing her words; but he decided to let it drop.

"If you ever need to simply talk to someone, I'm here Luna."

Luna smiled again and nodded.

"Alright, I will let you get back to what you were doing. I'm going to visit Hagrid." Harry muttered as he stood up and left the library.

Luna felt guilty to have such concern from Harry. He should neglect her and push her away for the horrible thing she did. Luna wasn't worthy of his care.

But just as she gathered her books and continued to protest on why Harry should leave her alone, she saw a familiar face walk down to the dungeons.

Her heart immidiately skipped a beat and her face lit up as if she had just received the best grades in her class.

Luna stood frozen in her spot for a moment before she started to follow the footsteps.

Luna sprinted lightly so she could catch up on the person faster, but as her footsteps got nearer to her target, the person seemed to gather speed and walk faster.

It was until they reached a corner that Luna saw who the person was. She threw her hand over her mouth and stood frozen.

Draco, turned a corner without looking to his right to see who was following him. He had a serious face and was quite nervous. It seemed as if he kept muttering things to himslef.

Luna decided to stop following him and walked back. She felt releived that Draco was finally back at Hogwarts and that she would eventually see his normal self again.

But what Luna couldn't stop wondeirng was not why Draco was acting strange, but why he kept pulling the hem of his left sleeve lower each time he took a step.