Chapter Nine

Thanks for fanning :D You guys are AWESOME! So here's chapter nine >>>> the christmas dance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Hall was buzzing with students already dancing, laughing, and trying to drink as many drinks as possible. There were glasses of eggnog, glasses of cherry syrup and soda, cups of hot chocolate and the odd gillywater that Proffessor McGonagall enjoyed.

There was a huge Blue Spruce tree in the centre of the hall. Little lit candles sparkled all around it. Red and Silver spheres glittered with the light of both the candles on the tree and the ceiling. A big, golden star was laying on top of the tree and was a larger replica of the smaller stars hanging from the ceiling. There was glitter all over the floor, and the round tables at the side of the hall were covered with it too. The irony was that everything did look magical.

All students had their best garments on. All boys were dressed with tailored suits and bow ties, while the girls had flowing dresses that twirled whenever they skipped around or danced along with the music. Ron, however, was wearing an old suit that must have been worned by both Fred and George. He frowned when he looked at himself in the reflection of a silver tray laying around on one of the tables and complained about why he wasn't the favourite child.

Hermione had heads turning to her direction. Her silk-made purple dress flowed at every step she made. It was slightly tight around her waist making the curves around her body visible. Ron almost choked on his eggnog at the sight of her. He couldn't beleive how beautiful she looked.

"Goodness gr, gracious, Hermione." He stuttered as Hermione reached his side.

"What is it?" Hermione asked sounding paranoid. "I look horrible don't I? I knew I should have stuck with my first choice."

"No, no, no." Ron interrupted. "You look fine." He gulped. "I mean more than fine. You look...beautiful."

Hermione blushed and so did Ron. Hermione looked at what Ron was wearing and tried to find something to compliment him with, but she just couldn't find anything.So, she turned her head and quickly changed the subject.

At the far end of the hall, Draco stood with both Crabbe and Goyle and were sneaking a type of alcohol in their drinks. Draco looked davishing. You could tell that his suit must have cost him a fortune. On the other hand, Crabbe and Goyle's suit looked more affordable.

"Aren't you going to dance with your date?" Goyle teased Draco, as he spotted Padma entering the Great Hall on her own.

"Shut up!" Draco snapped. Goyle only shook his head.

"Well, I need to catch up with mine." Goyle said and he dragged Crabbe with him. They were heading to a group of girls who were sitting on their own looking bored.

Draco was left on his own drinking his drink. He tried to hide from Padma, but at the same time tried looking out for a couple who he had been dreading the whole evening.

Draco scanned the room, trying to find a dress that would stand out in the crowd knowing that it would be worned by Luna. But he couldn't find it. Draco became more anxious as the minutes went by and there was still no sign of Harry and Luna. What are they doing, he thought.

Just as he was about to get Crabbe and Goyle and convince them to leave the party and head to their dormitories, he spotted Harry at the entrance. He was wearing a very simlar suit to Draco's, although Harry's wasn't as expensive; and he was holding a rose on his hand.

Draco's eyes widened with horror. He clenched his fists and began cursing Harry under his breath.

Harry then looked at his side and extended his arm out. A gentle hand met his, and Harry curled his fingers around it. Luna appeared from round the corner.