Chapter 20-Unchained and Powerless

Chapter 20

•???•

"Finally..." I muttered, rubbing my sore wrists. The cuffs fell to the floor with a loud *clang*. I let out a breath.

"After two long days, these chains are finally off." Andreas sighed. "What were those chains made of anyway?"

"Does it matter? They're off my wrists. I finally have access to my magic again." I said, opening and closing my fingers. I could feel my power begining to flow through my veins...slowly, and in tiny amounts, but flowing nonetheless.

"I'm in the mood to cause some carnage." I muttered. I stood from my old, worn out throne and walked across the dusty throne room.

"M-My lord, wait." Andreas called. I stopped and turned to him.

"What?" I snarled.

"My lord, it would not be wise to go out when your powers are still weak. You might put too much strain on your body." Andreas said, his voice in a tone of heavy concern. But for once, he had a point.

"Well then, what do I do in the meantime?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps..." Andreas trailed off, scratching his chin for a few seconds.

"Any day now Andreas." I sighed in annoyance.

"Perhaps...we could plot your reign over the elemental realm." Andreas suggested. I hummed for a moment.

"You know, that's not a bad idea." I smiled wickedly at the mind elemental. My eyes gave off their faded magenta glow, my hands following soon after.

"Children of the wicked, rise-"

I was cut off by a slurry of coughs  erupting from my lungs. The glow quickly faded, and I soon found myself on all fours, clutching my chest with one hand and covering mg mouth with the other. Andreas quickly rushed to my side, worried.

"My lord, are you alright?" He asked in a panic.

"What does it look like, Andreas?" I asked sarcastically, letting through a few more coughs. I take a few breaths before lifting my head, face to face with Andreas.

"I warned you, my lord, your powers are weak. You've been in limbo for so long that your body forgot how to use them." Andreas explained.

"I know, Andreas. I know." I grumbled as if I'd been scolded by my mother.

"Just give yourself some time. A few days' rest, and you'll be feeling like your old self in no time." Andreas smiled a worried smile, which I returned with a smirk.

"You missed me, didn't you?" I joked.

"N-No, it's not that, I just worry for you, my lord." Andreas replied, his cheeks turning a faint pink.

"Andreas, do yourself a favour and stop worrying about me. You're my advisor, my right hand man, not my mother." I said, cupping his cheek. He smiled. I then got to my feet.

"Right, let's plot this realms destruction, shall we?" I said, helping Andreas to his feet.

"Right." He replied. I then felt a tickling at my nose and let out a loud sneeze, sending dust particles flying from every direction. It was only then that I noticed all the cobwebs and just how grimey the walls to the throne room were. The castle was filthy.

"But first, this place is in desperate need of a renovation." I muttered.

"Indeed." Andreas agreed. His eyes and hands emitted a deep purple glow and in a puff of purple smoke, a few brooms, feather dusters, sponges and cloth, and other cleaning utensils appeared in front of me. I looked at Andreas, slightly confused.

"You don't really expect me to clean the castle, do you?" I asked in a low tone, arms crossed.

"Nonsense. I would never do that, my lord." He snapped his fingers, and the utensils became enveloped in a purple glow, before flying off to different parts of the throne room. They then started cleaning the walls, floors and carpets all my themselves.

"Oh, impressive." I complimented.

"With the speed that these cleaning supplies are operating at, the entire castle will be clean by sundown." Andreas said, sounding very proud of himself.

"You continue to show me every moment I'm with you why I spared your life all those years ago." I said. I saw his little smile widen upon hearing my words.

"Right, you stay here and make sure that the entire castle is spotless. I have something I'd like to do." I instructed, turning by back to Andreas.

"Might I ask, what that is, my lord?" He asked. A twisted smile spread across my face.

"Slaughtering woodland creatures in the nearby forest, of coarse." I heard a gasp from Andreas, which only made me chuckle in response.

"Oh, don't act so surprised, Andreas." I cackled. "You of all people should know the extent of my cruelty. Besides, if I can't enact my revenge in those who trapped me in limbo for decades, then those poor animals will unfortunately have to face my wrath on their behalf."

"Y-Yes, of coarse, my lord." He stammered. I opened the huge doors at the end of the throne room.

"I'll be back by sundown. This castle had better be clean when I return." I said grimly, before walking through and closing the door behind me.

~~~~~

Author's Notes

Another interaction between the main villain and his right-hand-man for you. Now that I think about it, these two are kinda fruity with each other. Maybe that's something I should incorporate into all the chapter featuring the corrupted King. Anyway, see you in the next chapter.

-BlueBoyHalo14