Chapter 1-Strange Mornings

Chapter 1

•Alex's P.O.V•

Ever since I was a kid, wierd stuff has been happening around me. The air around me would rise or drop to unusual temperatures at certain times of the day. The water pipes around me would burst from me just looking at them. During the Spring some small plants and flowers would grow at my feet. At times I even started to hover a few feet off the ground, and when people turned towards me, I'd stop hovering and land on my feet. Sometimes I was able to run as fast as lightning, other times I could hear what people were saying when they weren't saying anything. I remember being unusually strong once, so strong I punched a hole through my bedroom wall. Sometimes my room would become really dark in the middle of the day and glow brightly in the middle of the night without me turning on the light. It was like everywhere I went, something weird or unbelievable would happen. I had no idea what was happening to me, and even after fifteen years of unnatural occurrences, I still don't have a clue.

I preferred to keep these things secret. People would think that I was a witch or that I've been hexed. I didn't like when people thought of me that way. Not that I care what people think, I just don't like people thinking things about me that they shouldn't.

There were only two people who knew about this stuff though. My dad, and childhood best friend, Zielo. But he moved away when we were ten, so I would only tell my dad. He was skeptical at first, but unlike anyone else I know, he believes me. Him and a few close friends from school. Other than that, nobody else knew about these weird things happening all around me.

"Morning Alex."

I only realised then that I was out of bed. I was sitting at the dining table watching my dad cook breakfast. I must've zoned out again or have been sleepwalking, because I didn't notice that I wasn't under my sheets until now.

"Oh, hey dad." I yawned. He let out a chuckle.

"Stayed up late I'm guessing?" He joked. I rolled my eyes.

"No, I just hate waking up in the morning. You know that." I smiled tiredly.

"Well, it's not that early in the morning." He said.

"Then what time is it?" I asked holing up my head.

"Seven thirty two." Dad said casually. My eyes widened.

"Seven thirty two? Is it really that early!?" I sat up on my chair staring at my dad with a raised eyebrow.

"It's not a bad thing that you're awake this early. Besides, we have a fun day ahead, the faster you get ready the quicker we'll get to enjoy that fun." Had said putting a plate with a stack of chocolate chip pancakes in front of me. I looked at him confused.

"Jeez dad, what's the occasion?" I asked grabbing a fork. He looked at me like I just said something stupid.

"Alex, don't tell me you forgot what day it is." He said. I scratched my head for a second until it hit me.

"August 17th?" I asked.

"And what's so special about August 17th?" Dad said holding his head up on the kitchen counter. I thought for a second before it finally dawned on me.

"Oh! My birthday! It's my birthday today!" I said, finally realising it.

"Ding, ding, ding! Congrats, you figured it out! Happy birthday son." My dad said wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug.

"Thanks dad." I said as he let go of me.

"Alright. Come on and finish your birthday breakfast. Your friends are gonna be here in an hour." He said to me.

"Wait, my friends are coming over?" I asked.

"Yeah. I decided to take you out with your friends to celebrate-" He stopped mid sentence staring down at my plate.

"What is it dad?" I asked.

"Uh, your breakfast is floating." He said pointing a finger to my pancakes which, as my dad said, actually we're floating a few inches off of the plate. I grabbed my fork and quickly stabbed them and put them back on my plate. I let go of the fork after a few seconds. The pancakes stopped floating.

"Not again." I sighed.

"He's getting stronger." I heard my dad mutter. His face had a concerned and scared expression, which made me worry a bit.

"What was that dad?" I asked. He turned to me with a fake smile.

"Nothing. It's just one of those days. Now hurry up and finish your breakfast before it flies out of the stratosphere." He joked. I looked at him for a second before shrugging it off and doing as he said.

After breakfast, I rushed up to the bathroom and took one of the quickest showers I've ever had, which felt like I was running at a hundred miles an hour at least. Then I ran up to my room to pick out my best outfit for today, which was a pair of black ripped jeans, a white shirt with a pheonix on the front, a red flamed jacket, red sneakers with little flames at the heels and a pair of headphones with a small flame pattern which sat around my neck. Yeah, I was a huge fan of the flame design. After admiring myself in the mirror for ten minutes, I noticed something with my hair.

"Huh, that's strange." I said. I held out a few strands of my hair in front of my face and inspected them, confused. Those strands of hair weren't their usual dark brown like the rest of my hair. No, they were red. A bright red at that. Then I looked in the mirror again. A line of red went right through the middle of my hair to the tip of my bangs.

"The heck is going on today? Did I accidentally use hair dye instead of shampoo?" I said to myself semi-sarcastically. I didn't get much time to think about it. Right at that very second I heard the doorbell ring.

'My friends are here.'

I reached for my phone on my bedside table, shoved it in my pocket and dashed downstairs, ignoring the red streak of hair in my face. When I got to the bottom, I was greeted with about ten people, all dressed up and holding gifts in their hands.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They all shouted.

"Thanks you guys." I said.

"You look great Alex." Olivia said.

"Yeah, plus the highlights really tie the look together." Issac added. I smiled, half anxious, half greatful for his compliment.

"Thanks. You guys look great too." I said.

"We can all complement each other later. We have a party to get to!" Devin said dragging me out of the house.

With that, they all dropped their gifts off on the kitchen counter and we all jumped into my dad's huge car and drove off to where we would celebrate my fifteenth birthday. But I just hoped that no unnatural occurances happened that day...

~~~~~

Author's Notes

First chapter came out pretty well if I do say so myself. Let me know what you think. Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you all in the next one.

-BlueBoyHalo14