Chapter 34-True Colours: Part 1-Deception

Chapter 34

•Alex's P.O.V•

"Mr Bliss...?" I stood staring at the head of discipline in pure surprise. He smirked, taking a step towards me with a sinister glint in his eyes.

"The one and only." He said, almost with a brand new personality. I knew the man walking towards me as the strict, serious, rule-obsessed head of discipline, but looking at him now, I saw a different person. I couldn't recognise him anymore... His wicked grin, the evil glimmer in his eyes, one of which I noticed was pale and colorless compared to the other. I opened my hand and tried to ignite a flame. Nothing. I started to panic.

"You're probably wondering what's going on, aren't you?" Bliss asked, his voice surprisingly calm. I took a step back.

"Yeah. Why did you ambush me in your office? Why did you bring me here?" I asked, trying desperately to hide the fear in my voice.

"First of all, you shouldn't have been in my office to begin with, Alex, so that one's on you." He taunted. I suddenly felt stupid for sneaking around. What was I thinking!?

"And secondly, I brought you here because the arena is the furthest building from the dorm rooms. No one to interrupt, no one to hear you scream, no one to call for help. That will give the two of us some...privacy." Bliss said wickedly, now only a few feet in front of me. For every step he took toward me, I took two steps backward, all while desperately trying to light a flame in my hand.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, taking a deep breath. Bliss stopped, his eyes emitting a soft purple glow.

"Well, that's simple." We said. He outstretched his hand towards me and I suddenly felt my body lock into place again, unable to move. I tried to remain as calm as I could.

"I want you..." he started, walking up to me until his face was a few inches away from mine. "...to die."

"You what!?"

"You read the prophecy, right?" He said, his rancid breath hitting the back of my throat. "You are the prophesied 'Red-Haired Hero' destined to save the Elemental Realm from the Corrupted King. As long as you're still alive and well, you pose a risk."

"A risk? To who?"

He chuckled, before taking a step back. I watched as he pulled his sleeve up to his elbow, revealing a strange mark on his forearm. One that I didn't recognise.

"This, my curious little flare, is the mark of an overlord with power you couldn't fathom, even if you tried

"This, my curious little flare, is the mark of an overlord with power you couldn't fathom, even if you tried. A man so cruel many fear to speak his name, as if it doing so would summon him to wreak havoc. A man with the ability to destroy anything and everything with one touch." Bliss boasted. It didn't take long at all to figure out who he was talking about.