Chapter 37-Failed Attempts

Chapter 37

•Andrè's P.O.V•

I stumbled into the castle, clutching my side in pain. I'd barely managed to escape from those four, I'm even more impressed that I dodged so many of their attacks. But my god, that kick from that old man must have punctured a lung, or something. And that beast that tore into my thigh...

"Come on..." I muttered to myself. I slowly made my way to my quarters. The castle was empty. The king must've gone out, or was maybe just asleep. I just limped to my bed, collapsing against the soft covers.

"God, I'm exhausted." I muttered to myself. I heard someone climbing up the stairs to my room.

"Andy, are you-"

He gasped when he saw me, an expression of pure concern and confusion on his face. This time, though, he didn't try to hide it.

"I enacted our plan to try and eliminate the boy. But...things got a bit-"

"Who did this to you?"

He was now kneeling next to my bed, his face close to mine. I could see the concern in his eyes. A foreign sight, but not totally out of the blue. I let out a sigh.

"That isn't important." I said. "How much progress have you made with your corruption?"

He didn't answer. Instead he just stood up, fists clenched, and walked to the window, gazing out over the barren fields.

"Let me repeat myself, Andreas." He turned his head, his eyes glowing menacingly. "Who. Did this. To you?"

"...Koran." I muttered. I saw the look in his eyes change. A subtle rage started to gloss over them. He turned back to the window, and without warning, the entire window frame was covered in dark cracks. A bit of the stone chipped away as he turned around and stomped towards me angrily. I half expected him to yell at me, but instead, he wrapped his arms around me gently. He even made sure not to hug too tightly as to not cause pain to my side. This caught me off guard, but I chose to say nothing.

"That old bastard has been a thorn in my side for the longest time..." He grumbled. He pulled away and looked me in my eyes with a soft look.

"He can do a lot of things to me, hell, he can seal me away again for all I care. But the moment he puts a scratch on you..."

Cracks started appearing on his shoulders, spreading quickly up his neck to his jaw. As painful as it looked, I knew it was nothing I should be concerned about. He focused his gaze on me again, the whites of his eyes turning pitch black, leaving nothing but his glowing irises. He stood up and walked over to the door, his face suddenly conveying no emotion.

"Is the boy dead?" He asked blankly.

"I...I'm so sorry, my lord. I had planned on ending it then and there but, he fought back, and then the teachers showed up, and I couldn't get any closer to him. And then I found myself facing off against all of them and-"

"It's a simple question, Andreas." He said calmly, his back still facing me.

"...no. The other elementals came before I could finish the job."

I heard him let out a sigh of exhaustion mixed with annoyance. Once again, I expected to be yelled at, but instead he turned to me, his gaze softened.

"I'm going out for a couple of hours."

"But, it's 3AM."

"I need to clear my head." He said. "And you need stay in that bed and rest. I'll have you healed later today."

"Yes, my lord." I said. He turned and was about to walk down the stairs, when he stopped.

"Oh, and one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Do be careful next time, you dolt." He said softly, almost too softly for me to hear. I chuckled to myself. He then left down the stairs, leaving me alone in my quarters once again. Suddenly, the pain is previously felt didn't feel as painful as it did before. I didn't know if it was the king's corruption or not, but I was already starting to feel better. The bleeding had finally stopped.

I pulled the covers over my body and quickly went to sleep, waiting patiently for my master's return.

~~~~~

Author's Notes

A shorter chapter to break it up a little. Before you say anything, yes, I am aware that I just uploaded, but I got excited. I'm actually about to start the next chapter pretty soon, so chances are you're probably gonna get it within the next few days. Also, I've been meaning to do a chapter from Bliss's perspective but I didn't know how to do it, but now I know, and I think it turned out great. Anyway, I'm gonna go take a nap. Hope you enjoyed reading, I'll see you soon.

-BlueBoyHalo14