Chapter 50: Return to the Castle

Chapter 50

•Alex's P.O.V•

The time was 5:52 AM. I found myself pacing around my room nervously as Zielo sat on his bed and watched, petting his Shadowling, Midnight. Blaze sat on my bed, watching me with a little concern in his amber eyes.

"Alex, I get that you're nervous to go back there to fight the Corrupted King, but you're gonna pace yourself into the core of the earth if you don't stop." Zielo joked out of concerned. I looked at him and let out a nervous sigh.

"I know." I said. "I just...I haven't heard anything from Grandpa about the guardians. If things go south..."

I trailed off, getting lost in my thoughts. I heard Zielo let out a sigh and moments later, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to Zielo, and he looked back into my eyes with a calm, reassuring expression.

"Alex, it's only been a day. Besides, with how busy they are, I doubt they'd have much time to respond to letters. You just gotta be patient." He said. I let out a breath.

"You're right." I said. "They're really busy protecting the realm all the time. It makes sense if they don't respond to our summon after a day-"

I suddenly heard a loud crackling behind me. I quickly turned around as a small flame sparked in the center of the room. The flame then grew bigger, swirling in a circle on the floor, before bursting upward in a large cylindrical fire. Zielo and I backed away, readying a fist full of flames and a dark ball of shadows, only to have our minds blown at who emerged from the flames.

An older bulky figure stepped out of the flames, adorned from head to toe in shiny red armour with a gold trim and shiny gold details. The armour had intricate patterns engraved into it that seemed to glow with an enchanting radiance. The flames seemed to dance across the beautiful armour, before extinguishing completely. Me and Zielo stood there, gawking in amazement. Even Blaze and Midnight looked surprised.

"Alexander Fier? Zielo Dusk?" The figure's voice came from his helmet. It sounded deep and rugged, and pretty menacing, to be honest. Me and Zielo looked at each other.

"Uh...yes? I am Alexander Fier." I said nervously.

"And I am Zielo Dusk." Zielo said, just as nervous as I was. The armoured man lifted his helmet from his head, tucking it in the pit of his arm, revealing a very handsome face underneath with bright red eyes and neatly combed ginger-red hair.

He smiled warmly at the two of us

"Pleasure to meet you two." His voice outside of the helmet was softer, clearer, more audible. Zielo's eyes widened.

"Alestor Flare, the Flame Guardian..." He said quietly. The man grinned, kneeling down in front of me and Zielo.

"I'm glad to see you youngsters still know me." He chuckled.