Chapter 44-Alex VS Keith: Part 3-Limitless

Chapter 44

•Alex's P.O.V•

Without a second thought, I sprung forward in a burst of fire and swung my fist. Keith blocked the punch easily, smirking a fanged smirk at me.

"Now there's the Alex I know!" He said. His eyes glowed and he got ready to swing his glowing fists. I jumped out of the way of the punch and dived back in to deliver another punch to his lower torso. He grunted before landing a punch to my stomach, sending me back a couple of feet. Not a second later he leaped towards me for a right hook, which I ducked under and threw my fist upwards. Keith dodged the uppercut and landed a kick to my side. I groaned as I was forced to the left.

"Okay, that hurt." I muttered to myself. I felt the ground tremble underneath me. I looked down in confusion before spotting the jagged line if rocks headed right for me. Without a second thought I lit a flame in my palms and thrust myself into the air, barely missing the attack. I then recalled the other time he used that move. The ground was also shaking right before those spikes shot up.

"So the earth trembles before he does that." I muttered to myself.

"Hey! It's no fun when you're up there and I'm down here!" Keith shouted. He then crouched down. From where I was it looked like his legs were glowing for a bit, the same way his fists glowed. He then shot off the ground into the air, even higher than I was flying. Then, Keith dove down to me. I tried to get out of the way, missing him by an inch, but I was thrown off balance. I found myself falling to the ground with a hard thud. I got up and shook my head.

"Okay, what was that about? Since when could he jump so high?" I asked myself. I then saw Keith out of the corner of my eye, leaping towards me. I didn't have enough time to get away. Instead, I held my forearm in front of my face.

"Flame Shield!"

Fire swirled around my forearm and created a shield, just in time to block Keith's powerful kick. The force of the kick sent out gusts of air. Keith smirked.

"Quick reflexes." He said. He did a backflip before darting off in a completely different direction, only to come darting back almost immediately. I raised my shield again. The collision shook the ground and formed a tiny crack in my shield. Keith shot me a wild glare before darting off again and landing an even more powerful kick than the last one before darting off in another direction.

'How is he rebounding so quickly?'

Keith's movements didn't slow down at all. I found myself constantly trying to fend off against his unusually powerful kicks, every blow adding a crack to my shield. I looked around between kicks and noticed how the arena looked. That's when I noticed something.

There were giant rocks everywhere.

'The terrain...'

Keith landed one more kick to my shield and it shattered in a small burst of fire. Keith then kicked me mid-air, forcing me into one of the giant spikes. Dust formed all around me as I collided with the stone. I landed on the ground, getting onto my feet with a bit of difficulty, before looking around as the dust settled.

"Keith is using the messed up terrain to his advantage." I muttered. "No wonder he sent out so many stone spikes. But how is he moving so quickly?"

I recalled the last few minutes, trying to find anything unusual with Keith. That's when I noticed his ears, feet and tail. They didn't look like his regular boots, wolf ears and fuzzy tail. His animal features were different.

"That must be it. He's probably using animal instinct." I said to myself. "But what animal is he drawing his features from?"

I noticed a shadow looming over me. Then a loud voice booming from above. I looked up in time to see Keith diving to the ground with a large stony fist raised.