Chapter 35-True Colours: Part 2-Rescue

Chapter 35

•Zielo's P.O.V•

I found myself waking up to the sound of something scratching on my bedroom door, the the sounds of something barking, almost like a newborn puppy. I sat up in my bed, confused. I turned to the other side of the room.

"Hey, Al, you hear that?" I asked tiredly. I got no response. I tilted my head. I checked the time on the alarm clock. 2:44 AM.

The scratching and barking continued. I looked to the door, confused, and a little afraid, before looking back at Alex. I knew he was a heavy sleeper, so chances are he couldn't hear what was going on at the door. I decided not to wake him. I got out of bed and went to the door. I turned the knob and opened it.

I stared through the doorway into the lounge in confusion. "There's nobody here...?" I muttered. I wondered where the scratching and barking came from.

Then I heard another bark...at my feet.

I looked down and saw a dragonling, with bright red and orange scales and small wings tucked behind its back. My eyes widened.

"Blaze?" I said surprised. "What are you doing here? I thought pets weren't allowed in the dorms." Blaze whimpered urgently, spinning around and trying to climb up my leg, his claws only managing to get up to my knee. He looked up at me with its big amber eyes with a sense of panic.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him. He barked again before running across the lounge to the door. He scratched the wooden door.

"I don't understand...what are you trying to tell me?"

Blaze barked in reply, turning his head to me with a pleading expression. But I couldn't understand a single word he said. However, there were two elementals who could.

"Keith and Natalie..." I muttered. I then sprinted to the other bedrooms and knocked on all the doors as loudly as I could.

"Guys, wake up!" I yelled. Soon after, I was met with everyone's tired and angry expressions.

"Zielo, I swear to eternium, if you don't explain to me in the next thirty seconds why you just woke me up, I'll smash you through the castle floor!" Keith growled.

"Yeah, what gives? I was having the best dream until you ruined it!" Zack said, small bits of electricity sparking in his hair.

"What was it about?" Natalie yawned.

"I was in the clouds, flying on top of a stormcloud and watching as everyone below-"

"That's not important right now!" I cut Zack off, which he pouted in reply. I felt Blaze tugging at my pant leg and picked him up. Everyone's eyes widened.

"What is Blaze doing in here?" Damian asked.

"Pets aren't allowed in the dorms, Mr Bliss and Coach Beast made that rule very clear to us when we summoned them." Aarya added.

"I know. I just woke up and found him scratching at my door, then he led me to the door in the living room. It seems urgent, but I can't understand a word the little guy is saying." I explained. Blaze whimpered.

"So, I was hoping you two could help." I looked to Natalie and Keith, who both looked at each other before looking back at me with glowing eyes.

"Don't worry, we got this." Keith said. I set the dragonling on the ground before Keith and Natalie knelt down next to him, their palms facing him.

"Voice of the Wild."

Blaze's body started to glow for a second, before the green and brown aura faded away. Natalie and Keith's eyes lost their glow as well. I knelt down in front of the dragonling.