Comfort

Abby's POV

I let out a deep sigh as I reached for my towel, my eyes staying trained to where Raph's silhouette lingered against the door. Unplugging the drain from the chain, I stand and wrap the towel around me. Taking comfort in the snug oversized towel wrapped around me was short lived as I began thinking of how Raph's arms would feel around my form. Nope,nope, not yet......then when? I had to focus on getting my shorts and hoodie over their corresponding limbs. I had to focus on the thought process and not how the feeling of the fabrics felt against my tired and oversensitive skin. When the hoodies softness was finally comfortable and when the shorts were sitting in the right spot, I traded the big body towel with a smaller towel that I placed against the back of my neck so I could dry my hair until it stopped dripping. Blowing out the candles before opening the door gave the room a warm mix of blood orange and Dragon's blood. I had to stand still for a minute as I remembered what little I could of my mother. Every time she was sick, or when she was missing my father while he served his tours, or one of the times I was sick and needed a bath to bring a fever down. I remember asking for "Mommy's bath candles" and not knowing until a few years after moving in with Danny and he took me shopping for things I wanted, rather than just things I needed like my previous foster families. I just happened to pick up these two giant candles and jolted into a flashback. Since then I remember what they are so I can relax and find comfort.

I finally move and open the door, finding Raph on the couch with his controller in hand. "Whatcha doin?" I ask as I walk towards the couch.

His eyes snapped to me the moment I opened the door, watching as I lazily walked barefoot towards him. Smiling up at me as I perch on the couch arm on his left. "Playing a game." He said.

"I see that." I answered dryly, smiling as I recognize Saints Row immediately and figure out which mission he's working on. "It's a good choice." I say as I get back up to grab the pile of flyers off the breakfast bar counter. "How does barbecue sound?"  I say, expecting Raph to answer from the couch rather than right behind me. Letting out a short jolt as his hand came up and rested on my hip.

"Sounds delicious." His voice grumbled through his chest and vibrated through my shoulders before he started chuckling and his tone lightened. "Sorry babe."

Turning to face him, I raised an eyebrow "Should put a bell on you." I chuckled as I smiled. "Go over the menu and let me know what you want." I say as I bring the hand up the hand holding the flyer and flick his chin with the top edge if the flyer. Taking a step away I reach for my bag and grab my cell, groaning as the dead battery screen appears instead of my lock screen. "Take your time." I say as I show the screen to Raph and make my way back down the hall as I go hunt for my charger.

Raph's POV
I couldn't help watching Abby's back as she walked down the hall to her room, her pulling the towel from her neck and pulling her still damp hair up into a messy bun, the edge of her sweater straightening against her back, the blue 'CAPTAIN' across the bottom. I made my way back to the couch as she bent to grab her cord from where it was plugged into the wall and read the menu, my mind trying to decide between the chicken or steak.

"The steak is always good." Abby said as she plugged her phone charger into the plug beside the couch. "But the chicken parmesan hits the spot and is pretty filling for the portion." She added as she looked at the open panels if the menu over my arm.

"You're not helping." I commented, kissing the top of her head, handing the flyer back the her. She pulled away to think, the corner of her mouth turned up before her eyes met mine.

"I could order both." She said simply. "With garlic bread and they're fries are my favourite." She said, going over the menu and flipping between panels as she noted what she was going to order. It was definitely different watching her order besides the usual Mikey and Pizza combo we normally deal with.