Be My Valentine

~Raph's POV~

Sitting in the lair, bored out of my mind, I begin my typical workout routine, until Mikey burst into the training room with wide eyes. "Raph!" He called out, easily finding me/ I roll my eyes slightly and grunt in response. "Do you realize what is happening in like 3 days?" He asked, almost sounding worried.

I paused long enough to think of what could possibly be in 3 days to make my brother this frantic. "No Mikey. Not a clue."

Five more reps with my weights before Mikey seemingly burst at the seams "Valentine's Day bro! You're the only one of us with a lady!" Mikey exclaimed, looking at me as if I ripped the head off his teddy bear....again.

My lift faltered as the bar came across my chest. "How was I supposed ta know?" I grunted out as I lifted the heavy bar off my chest, with a little help from Mikey when I cleared my chest. "It's not like I had a reason ta celebrate the day til now." I reasoned when I took in his widened expression.

"Well now you do bro. Might wanna figure something out. Hope Abby don't get mad at you for forgetting." He said before he left.

I sat up on the bench, forearms on my knees with my eyes trained on the floor. She wouldn't actually get mad at me for this would she? I should just call her and ask, or wait until she comes to the lair to talk about it. The unfortunate piece of that was the longer I waited and thought about it, the more anxious the thoughts made me. I was so lost in thought that the buzzing from my cell had me almost jumping out of my shell. Looking at the ID I see Abby's name on the screen. "Hey Tiger. What's up?" I asked.

"Hey Red. Nothing much, just got Danny home and settled. Wondering if you've got anything planned for Friday?" She asked. Perhaps she was thinking about the impending Valentine's Day as well.

"Nothin yet. I'm open ta suggestions."  I told her, trying not to hint at the fact I forgot.

I hear a nervous chuckle from her end of the phone. "Think I can come down for the weekend? I don't have work, and I think we're due for a date." She was hinting at something.

"I don't think ya have ta ask anymore. Do you want to do anything specific Friday night?" I asked her. God please nothin cheesy

"I was thinking I could bring down my Xbox and we could have a movie marathon. Maybe some food that isn't pizza for the night." She said and I let out an audible sigh of relief.

"That sounds great." I told her. "Not gonna lie. Started to think you would've gotten mad at me for not plannin anythin." I confessed.

She chuckled and in her response I could hear her smiling. "Nah, you're safe Red. I know we can't go on dates in public, and I know it's not really your scene to begin with. Plus it is our first Valentine's day." She explained, her happy tone never faltering, causing me to let out a sigh of relief. "It's also not really my scene either. I'd much rather spend it watching horror movies, or monster movies."

I let out a laugh in response. "That does sound like a better plan. Definitely not cheesy either." I teased. I was shushed from the other side of the conversation before I noticed the time. "Aren't you at school?" I asked my girlfriend.

"Yep." She answered. "I'm on lunch. And I have shop after so there's no worries there." She told me.

"Miss Wynters? Do you have a moment?" Raph heard a new voice come through.

"Of course Mr. Fawkes." Abby's voice sounded muffled. "Sorry Raph. I gotta go. I'll see you Friday." Her voice was clear once again.

"Yeah. I just have one last quick question." I told her, a shit-eating grin on my face.