Waking Up

Where the hell am I? Why the hell does everything hurt? What the fuck happened? Where's Danny?!

My mind was chaotic right now, and I had a splitting headache. I sat up, a bit too quickly as a sharp pain hit my head, and tried looking around. "Abby?" I hear a thick male voice come from behind me and to my left. I instantly recognize the voice.

"Danny? Is that you?" I call out, my throat was so dry it hurt just to get the words out. I realize my hands were tied behind my back, rather tightly I might add, and I tried to move. Great so I'm tied up and stuck in  place I don't know.

"Abby don't move. Yes it's me, but please don't move." Danny sounded worried. Something was wrong, really wrong if he sounded that worried.

"What is it? Danny tell me what's wrong." I practically demanded. All I could tell from where I was sitting, was that the ground was made of concrete, there were straps across my stomach and legs, and my hands were tied behind my back, and there was something cold and made of metal around my neck.

"You got shot in the leg once you got into the house. The Foot were in the shadows waiting for you. And when you were trying to free me, you got tranquilized. That's a shock collar around your neck, and if you were to pull on the binds around your wrists, or move too much or too suddenly, it'll trigger the collar to go off." He said, getting the words out in a panic.

"Well this is just great. Why were they after me? I mean clearly they weren't after you." I said, suddenly not trusting Danny completely.

"They only wanted to use me as bait. One of them said that they've been after you since the night you were attacked. But he didn't say why they were after you." His answered almost sounded rehearsed to my newly skeptic ears. "Did you do anything to get on their radar?" Danny asked from his corner of the room.

I took a moment to think of any possible moment in time that would have caused the Foot Clan to come after me, but I came up blank. "Not a clue. I mean if you take out the fact I broke Karai's arm that night." Then I thought for a moment longer. "Did you?" I turn his question against him. They could be using me as leverage against Danny, or the turtles- if they even know they exist.

"Unless I bounced one of their guys from the club or an event, I highly doubt I caused this." He said dryly.

Sitting in silence, I began to work at the binds on my wrists, trying to move as little as possible since I don't particularly feel like being electrocuted right now. After a while, I had to stop as I felt the rope become wet, and felt liquid sliding down into my hands. "Dammit." I muttered.

"What is it?" Danny asked.

"I cut one of my wrists open." I was about to say more when the door opened, revealing several Foot soldiers and none other than the one and only Karai. "Well look at what the cat dragged in. Hey there Karai. How are you doing?" I ask, my tone sarcastic and a smug look on my face.

"I'd drop the smart ass remarks if I were you. You're not really in a position to test my patience." Her voice threatening. I chuckled slightly at her, my own anger and impatience rising to meet hers.

"Just because I'm not exactly in a position to do anything, doesn't mean I won't try. Plus Karai, sweetheart, you're too easy to piss off." I smiled, which caused me to get punched straight on my jaw by one of her henchmen. Spitting out some of the blood that appeared in my mouth, I grinned wider. "See. It's rather entertaining." This sudden burst of cockiness was going to get me killed if I didn't reel myself in soon.

"Enough! If it weren't for the fact the Shredder wants to meet you, I would have the greatest pleasure in killing you." If looks could kill, I'd be dead a thousand times over right now.

"Are you still upset I broke your arm? Because if that's what this is about, you know, one of your guys broke my ribs. So isn't it even?" The smugness returned to my voice though my face feigned innocence. My mouth earned me a hard slap across my face from Karai. The connection making my head turn to the side, I stared at the ground for a brief moment letting the shock and pain roll over me. Turning my head back to face Karai, I smirked. "I'll take that as a yes. So anyways, why does Shredder want to meet me?" I asked, forcing myself to get serious.

"He's been impressed by you. I told him of the night we attacked you, and he said you would be an 'honored warrior'." She said and I caught a hint of something in her voice. Was she jealous?

"Wait, Karai. I don't want to be an honored warrior. Especially not among the ranks of your Foot Clan." I say, my earlier attitude gone for now. "I just want to go home and keep working on my car and get through my remaining years of school." I say. Looking up at Karai, I see her looking at me with, what is that, pity?

She scoffed and shook her head before ordering the other person that came in with her to take Danny, leaving me alone in this dark room. And since I was alone, I started trying to get my hands free again. Since the blood from my previous attempt hadn't completely dried up yet, I was able to move my wrist around more freely. I'm going to have scars once I'm done with these I thought to myself as I kept gradually straining my wrists against whatever my binds were made out of.

After what felt like forever, I finally felt the binds slip from my wrists, falling to the floor with the lightest of thuds. I slowly bring my hands up to the metal collar sitting around my throat. Feeling around to the back of my neck as lightly as I could, feeling the wiring and finally the clasp at the back of my neck. I find something which I hope is the release latch as I push it and pray to The Aesir Gods (Norse)- more specifically the God of protection: Thor, that I don't electrocute myself. Pushing on what I think is the latch to get this collar off of me, I hold my breath as it gives a small beep. Gods help me, this is intense. So far no shocks, so I continue to undo it.

Just as I think it's safe to take it off, the door to my room is opened, causing me to jump and get electrocuted. With the collar still barely around my neck, and my hands clearly free, as well as my now twitching body on the floor rather than upright on the chair, I feel myself beginning to black out. "Strong, but not that smart." A masculine, Japanese accented voice sounds in front of me.