Myckenzie

Abby's POV
I awoke with a jolt, my eyes darting around the room before leveling with Raph's, calming down to the sensation of Raph's fingers combing the tips of my hair and the warmth of his arms around me. I let out a relaxed sigh, rubbing my cheek against the scaly flesh that my face rested on and begrudgingly waking up.
The dangerous mix of emotional exhaustion and utter comfort from the warmth radiating around me threatened to lull me back to sleep, but alas my persistent bladder- and growling stomach, denied me the ability to ignore basic needs as I groaned and tried to crawl out of Raph's lap- that I don't remember ending up in....a grunt of protest from Raph had me snapped back to the task at hand. "Babe I gotta pee." The sound of my voice causing the mutant around me to curl his arms tighter before relenting with a kiss to the top of my head, releasing his hold adding a simple swat to my ass as I got off the bed, a squeak of surprise leaving my mouth.

I hear chuckling come from behind me as I dash to the bathroom, gravity taking its toll on my bladder. "Not funny!" I yell back, beginning to giggle to myself. After flushing, I step up to my sink and scream.

"Nooooooooo~~!........."
Raph's POV
~~ooooooooooooo!"

I don't think I've ever jumped so high out of fright but let me tell you....I think I felt myself jump outta my shell. I sprinted the few feet from her bed to the bathroom and nearly fell to my knees.
She looks so scared. "Abby?! Babe?" Worry, and a slight amount of panic thickening my voice as I scan over her balled up form and the bathroom. Everything seemed to quiet down as I listened to what Abby was muttering, the confusion clearing up as I was finally able to make out what she was trying to say out of her panicked state.
"Shredder." She finally muttered clear enough as she pointed to the mirror and turned her wide eyes toward me. I watched as her eyes flicked between the mirror and me, realizing she wasn't in danger. She screwed her eyes shut and I could see her face harden and I knew she was mad at herself, my thoughts confirmed as she reopened her eyes and the flash of steel in her grayish blue eyes solidified.
"Don't do that Abby. You've gotta let yourself feel." My voice was still soft as I crouched down to her level and reached for her hand with my left as I push some hair behind her ear with my right. "I've got you." I said.

I watched as the grey steel calmed and more of the beautiful blue came back to her eyes. "It's done." She said as if clinging to those two simple words with the same strength she held my hand with. She was using them as a mantra, trying to reassure herself.
We sat on the floor together for a few more minutes before she nodded and got up off the floor, washing her hands without glancing at the mirror. "How about breakfast?" She waited for me to stand before heading down the rest of the hall to the kitchen. "I was think-.." her voice trailed off
With a sigh I follow her and stop dead in my tracks as I look up and see Abby rigid in front of me, another girl staring between her and I with eyes full of shock. So that's why she stopped... shit!
"I-uh..... ummm. Abigail?" The other girl focused her gaze on Abby, occasionally flicking back up to me before resting back on Abby's rigid form.
"Kenz. Close the door." Abigial's voice was thick and quiet. She knows the predicament that was just forced upon us. "Now." There was a command in her tone that I've never heard from her before- but I have heard it from Leo and Sensei, a tone that seemed to snap the girl out of her frozen state as she quickly complied and even locked the door.
"Explain. Now." Kenzie's voice was solid. The shock dampened for the moment.
"Raphael." She answered shortly. "This is Myckenzie."
"Wait. Wait wait wait wait...." Kenzie's eyes widened a fraction, the shock back tenfold, and I suppressed a grin at the face she was making. "You're dating a turtle?" She asked, looking like Abby grew a second head before something in her mind clicked. "The hiding." Somethink akin to hurt flashed through the other girls green eyes before she blinked and it was gone, "I get it now. I don't like it because we've never kept anything from each other. But I get it, and respect it."
"I'm sorry Kenz. I didn't like it either, but there wasn't a choice." Abby's tone had lightened substantially though the undertone of regret wasn't unnoticed.
"It's all good, Cap't" Kenzie answered and I saw Abby fully relax as she engulfed her friend in a hug.
"Thank you." Abby mumbled in to her friends shoulder before patting her once and pulling away.
"Nice to meet you." My deep voice cut through the starting silence as Abby stepped away, I had the privilege of witnessing Abby jolt out of her skin as she seemed to remember I was behind her.
"Who wants food?!" Abby walked around her friend and continued into the kitchen, leaving Kenzie and I to laugh as we watched her.
"Well it makes sense now why you couldn't visit her when she was in the hospital.." Kenzie said, tilting her head back to look up at me.
"It sucks." I replied, a heavy sigh leaving my body. "I hated every second of having to stay home after you told me she was in the hospital." I added, the guilt still present.
I rose a brow when I realized Kenz was still staring at me. What's with the look?
As if able to hear my thoughts, Kenzie spoke up. "You're good for her." She said- simply and thoughtfully. "She loves you. And now she doesn't have to hide details about your time together." She smiled, slightly mischievous.
"She's told you about me?" I asked. My disbelief must've been noticeable since Kenzie chuckled.
"All the time. Like I said, she loves you. And it's been far too long that she's been so... light." Her whole being smiled with what she said.
I couldn't help but smile back, it was contagious. "She talks about you a lot to." I told her as I began walking towards the high top counter and watched my girl occupy herself with breakfast.
"Awe Cap't." Kenzie gushed at her friends back.
"What're you two gawking at?" Abby said as she turned and saw us already looking at her.
"You." Kenzie and I ended up answering in unison.
"Don't do that. It's creepy." Abby said, looking at the two of us in almost a cringe.