0.1 New People and Places

- Ellery Cohen - 

 - Ellery Cohen - 

"Here we are" mommy muttered, but I was really confused. I had been confused since this morning when mommy told me to pack whatever was left of my things that she hadn't already packed. 

She only packed my stuff, so I wasn't sure how we were going to share, but I didn't mind. I didn't have much to share, but she can have my one and only teddy bear if she gets cold in the night. 

"Hurry up!" she grunted at me, as she unbuckled the seatbelt to my car seat. This was a new level of insanity I guess. Is that what it's called? "Brat" she mumbled under her breath as she pulled me down out of the car seat and latched her hand around my arm. 

She only grabbed my lower arm when she wanted to drop me off to Miss Sarah, the lady next door, so I guess she was leaving me at this place. 

All I could read was university of something. What in the hell was a university? 

Mommy pushed the door open to this unknown place, dragging me with her, digging her nails into the scar she had only done quiet a few days ago. 

"I'm here for Miles Cohen" mommy said. I was so confused now. Why was she asking for this person? "I'll call him in for you. Take a seat" the nice lady behind this extremely tall desk spoke. I was so short I couldn't see her face.

"Actually, I'm here to drop something off, and I'll leave my number for him" was I that something? she had nothing else but my stuff and me. Uh oh. 

"Umm ok. Here" mommy finally left my arm to dangle on its own as she scribbled something down on a piece of paper. "Where can I leave it?" mommy questioned. It? rude, I have a name. 

"Bring it round back" mommy grabbed my arm again and dragged me to this door that was now opened. "You can't bring children-" mommy dumped me and my bag that she was carrying, as she dashed out the door and back through the glass ones out the front. 

I didn't know whether to cry or not. I had been left at people's places before, but nothing like this place. And she never ran out like she just did. 

"Miles Cohen, please report to administration. I repeat, Miles Cohen, please report to administration" the lady had turned her back on me and was speaking into something that made it sound through some speakers in the roof. 

"Darling, do you know why your mommy left you here?" the lady then turned back around once she was finished to speak to me. I just shrugged my shoulders and lifted my teddy up higher in front of my face. 

I didn't like it here one bit. 

"Ok, well your mommy requested for someone to come get you to take you home" I wanted to be with mommy right now even if she was a bit mean from time to time. I just shrugged my shoulders in response once again, not liking that she kept looking at me.