22. Hatred

| Miles Cohen |

| Miles Cohen |

Sighing, I took a seat. I didn't dare scan the people that I knew would be sitting behind me or the ones that would be sitting to my right. I didn't want to look, as I knew who it would be. None of this was about what had happened, but it was, and I knew that if this didn't go well, everything would come crashing back down, onto me. 

I had gotten the boys to persuade Ellery away from me today, as she had been clinging to me like I was her last chance with anything. I knew I was, and it warmed my heart. It warmed my heart knowing that someone like me, with the past that I have had that has lead me to here, has allowed me to have someone that trusts and believes in me. 

I know that she trusts me, even when I do wrong things to her. She has been too sweet in giving me second chances, and I'm afraid that I'm already breaking her with the amount of chances she is having to give me for my mistakes. I hate myself for what I did to her a couple of weeks ago, and I will always be indebted to her for that. 

My little Ellery deserves the world, and I am afraid that due to what I am here for today, is not going to allow me to do so. "Witnesses' please stand" and with that, I felt my stomach drop to the floor. I didn't dare turn my head away from the judge that I was staring at. I couldn't believe any of this that was happening. 

"Mr. Cohen, Witness One, please start your statement" and with that, I gripped onto the desk in front of me, waiting for the voice of my father to fill my ears. The same voice that I had been waiting to here for years now. I knew what this was all about, and I didn't regret one bit of anything that I had done when I was a teenager, to my father. 

"My son, Miles Cohen, ran away from my household at the age of 17" that first statement made me want to squeeze my eyes shut and pinch my nose. "He ran away from my household because I would apparently not do well with the idea of him having a child with one of my workers at the time" 

I knew where this was going. I had seen it all unfold before, as my ex-girlfriend, the mother to my daughter, had been dating and having sex with my father. I had seen it all over social media, some of the boys even showed me the pictures, but I tried to ignore it. It had been occurring since I had decided to give Ellery a new sense of lifestyle. 

That was almost a month ago now, and I was standing here, watching her clutch onto his arm. She made me feel disgusted. If anything, that night that we had sex, she had made sure that I had felt like nothing. She had pinned me down and degraded me, enough to make sure that I didn't want a relationship at all. 

Not only had I run away from her, but I had run further away from my family than ever. I gripped the desk in front of me even harder, as I didn't bother to listen to the other lies that my father wanted to spill about my entire life. He thought I had run away from him at 17, when it was 14, and it wasn't because of his worker. 

She wasn't even a worker of his at the time! I met her in my final year of high school, at one of the last parties we had before we would be moving onto college. I didn't know that she was pregnant, and I preferred it that way as I wouldn't have been standing here. But, I found Ellery out of all of this, and that was all I needed.