09. Sick Day

- Ellery Cohen - 

 - Ellery Cohen - 

I awoke, my throat dry, and trying so hard to keep my coughs down to a minimum. I had tears streaming down my face as I felt something else coming up my throat. I scratched at it, trying to keep it down, but it came out, spilling down my front. 

This only increased my cries, as I continued to cough and sniffle. I felt bad, and I didn't like it. "Ells?" someone spoke in a raspy voice, but I took no notice of who it was. I didn't care, other than the fact that I felt awful. 

I cried harder and harder, holding the shirt away from me, as I looked down at it, trying to keep more stuff down my throat, as something flicked on, making the room 10x brighter. 

"Ells" someone crouched in front of me, but I couldn't see due to my eyes being coated in my tears that just never seemed to stop running down my cheeks. I sniffled, making my coughs worse but I just couldn't stop. 

"Here" the shirt was then lifted over my head, as it was tossed away. I grabbed onto whatever I could reach of the person in front of me, as they pulled me closer to them. "Shh" this only made me cry even more. 

The person started swaying me from side to side, as I tried even harder to slow myself down while my eyes closed. "I've got you" this person was most definitely not Miles or Mark, which made me curious to find out who it was, but I was too sick and tired to even lift my head. 

I just let myself slow down and fall asleep. 

---

I awoke yet once again, laying on something that most definitely was not the bed or the couch. I cried out, hating the feeling I was getting and just wanting to be held by Miles. I would even take Rutger for that matter, maybe even Mark. 

"Shh, your alright. I've got you" a hand then rubbed my stomach, making the feeling go away, which was strange. It was like the person had magic hands or something. I slowed my cries down to hiccups before turning to look at the person. 

"R-rutger-r?" I questioned, looking up at him, trying to touch his face to make sure it was him. He laughed a little before he grabbed my hands, and rubbing his fingers over the backs of my hands. "Yeah, it's me" 

I don't know why, but him just saying that made me cry harder and harder. I wanted Miles right now. "Whe-re Miles-s?" I choaked out, feeling worse at the realization. 

"Fuck" Rutger muttered, before he stood up, me in his arms, crying even harder. I just wanted to know where he was; I wanted him to be holding me because he always made everything better. He had saved me after all. 

"What-t is fuck-k?" I had no idea that saying this word would give me the reaction that Rutger had. I was so confused now and I just wanted Miles to make me feel better; to stop the scratchy throat, the runny nose and the sick feeling in my stomach. I just wanted him to be here with me, making all this bad stuff go away. 

"No, that's a bad word. Don't ever say the word ever again. It is a really bad word and you most definitely cannot say that word. You just cannot say that word" now I was really lost. Was it a bad word? Why was it a bad word? What did it even mean? 

"Ok" I murmured, burying my face in the hoodie of Rutgers's, overwhelmed with the scent that I most definitely knew wasn't even close to Miles.  Miles just had this scent that I loved and whenever I smelt it, I knew I was safe. It calmed me down. 

"Can you take her for a minuet? I can't get onto Miles" I was then pulled away from holding onto Rutger and into someone else's arms. I looked up, noticing someone familiar, but I was too sick to care and try to find out who he was. 

"I want Miles" I didn't stutter, which seemed to shock the people that were now starting to crowd the dorm I had gotten familiar with, which was making me a little panicked, but I had one sole mission, and that was too get to Miles because he would make all this bad stuff go away. 

He was like my hero, and he wasn't here to make me feel better. "I know, we are trying to get onto him, sweetheart" the half-hearted response as Rutger was scrolling through something that I had once used, and I knew Miles had one. 

"Do you want to finish watching the movie from the other night?" now I knew who was holding me. It was Nolan, the one who had showed me the movie the other night. I didn't take my eyes off of Rutger as Nolan seemed to have taken my silence as enough of an answer. He walked over to the couch, where I think I had been lying and left to sleep last night. 

I squirmed a little, wanting to be able to keep my eye on Rutger, but from the position Nolan had laid down in, I couldn't get quiet a good view of it all. "Shh, here" and with that, I was entranced by the same movie from the other night. 

It was the same movie with the same princess. I didn't even notice that two people were also watching from either side of me till I heard a few people laughing, which took my attention away from the movie. 

"Look at Ed and Dylan" and I then looked at the two people either side of me, so engrossed in the movie. I then turned my attention back to the movie, not realizing that I was dozing back to sleep, or that Miles had come home from drinking the same good stuff that mommy used to drink. 

I didn't know that Miles could do the same stuff that mommy did; I didn't know because I had trusted mommy, and then I had now trusted Miles. I don't know why I ever trusted Miles to think that he wouldn't do what mommy did. 

Maybe he just didn't know.......but what if he did know, without me telling him...

---

thoughts? xx sorry for the short chapter, took me forever to write so I hope this is ok