21. Princess Treatment

| Ellery Cohen |

| Ellery Cohen |

"Here you go, princess" Miles placed me down on the couch, leaving me to cuddle up with my blanket, as he then gently handed me a bowl of cereal. Lucky charms, to be exact, as they were my favorite, and every Sunday, Miles treated me with them.

I had missed having these every Sunday. It was our tradition, that Miles would make something special on a Saturday, like Pancakes or Waffles, while on Sundays, we would have cereal together. So, I knew he was about a minuet from sitting beside me, to watch the morning cartoons. 

Just as he sat down beside me, the dorm front door opened. Mark was on a run, with some of the boys, as he was going for a marathon. It confused me, how someone so tall like Mark, would willingly go on long runs. Miles had explained that marathons were really long runs, like more than 15 miles, which seemed like a lot, but I didn't really know much about how far or short things were. Numbers and words were not a good thing for me. 

I was no good with the numbers and words. "Where's the princess?" someone called out, which confused me. I had no idea who a princess was, but I just curled into closer to Miles as I kept my attention focused on the cartoons that were playing on the tv, as Miles rubbed circles with his thumb on my side. I quietly crunched on my cereal, enjoying the moment. 

"She's here" cuddling even further into Miles, I scooped a little of cereal, before I was handing it over to Miles to do the rest. I wasn't quiet ready and sure of how to feed myself. It felt weird now, that when I had done it back with mommy, I had done it all on my own, but now with Miles and the boys here, it felt weird doing it on my own, especially when I had just woken up. 

I could hear the footsteps coming this way, but I didn't bother to look up at any of them. It wasn't like I was sad or anything, I was just still a little tired and not ready for the day yet. I was sitting in a peaceful moment with Miles, and I just wanted to stay this way for the rest of the day or maybe even forever if that was possible. 

"Aww my princess" a voice called out, and I turned to look at the person, raising a brow. I was not ready for someone to be being all cute and sweet to me, this early in the morning. It was fake, and I just didn't really care right now. I was with Miles and that was all that was mattering right now. "Sassy, I see" 

I just moved my shoulders up and down, not wanting to move much from where I had gotten comfortable. "She's still waking up" Miles spoke quietly, as he stood up, leaving the warmth that he was giving me, as I curled up further into the blanket that had been thrown over me as I was sat down on the couch, before the boys had come in and made Miles get up. 

Sitting alone didn't last long in a dorm that was full, as someone had sat down almost as quickly as Miles had gotten up, making my body fall into theirs. "Hey cutie" my small body didn't need to think twice about climbing onto their lap, as I knew who it was. It wasn't someone that I had to be scared of. This was someone that I loved.