07. First Game

- Ellery Cohen - 

 - Ellery Cohen - 

"Now, Ellery, this lovely lady is going to look after you for the game. You get to sit in the family and friends section so your daddy can see you through the glass" 

I didn't like being away from Miles. This was the first time since I had met Miles a few days ago, that I was away from him. That I couldn't at least hold his hand or tug on his jacket for his attention. 

This was the first time in a while that I was completely out of contact with mommy and I didn't have my daddy to hold my hand. I was away from everything I knew. I was away from the boys that had made me their team mascot. 

"Ok" I murmured, and looked away from the man that Miles had told me was Coach Kennedy a few nights ago, and to the lovely lady with light hair. I shyly waved at her, as she smiled at me, before gently grabbing my hand in hers. 

She walked me over to this section that was empty besides a family down one end, as we walked to the other end. The other family was wearing a different 'jersey', as Miles called it when he put it over my long-sleeved shirt, to the color of mine. 

Miles had started teaching me things whenever he had the chance. He had apparently called in to his 'classes', whatever they were, saying he was sick, so that he could be with me. He even started teaching me days. I think today was Friday. 

"Do you want to sit on a blanket?" the lady questioned, drawing me back to the seats I was going to sit on. They looked hard, so I just nodded. She reached forward and grabbed a nice, soft blue blanket, that was the same color as most of my jersey. I was wearing a blue and yellow jersey, that said something I couldn't quiet read. 

The lady lifted me up onto the seat, but I couldn't see much, so she helped me stand up on the seat, while she placed my hands on her shoulder. "There's daddy" she pointed out for me, but I was a little confused as to why she had said 'daddy'. 

I didn't know if Miles was my daddy, but I really wish he was. He was really nice and I wanted him to be with me forever, if he let me. I got excited, seeing the 'game', as Rutger and Mark called it, was about to drop. 

Miles had tried explaining it to me, but I needed to see it to actually understand it. Just telling me wasn't going to work because I had no idea what any of it actually looked like. How big or small the puck and sticks were. 

The game started and everyone was moving really fast around the ice, making it hard to see who I was after. I couldn't quiet see him anymore, but that was alright. I would find him soon. 

"Ells, whose wearing number 2?" the lady who I still had no idea what her name was, asked. I had recited all the numbers while Miles was getting ready, so I knew exactly who it was. "Rutg-err" I struggled a little on pronouncing his name, but she nodded, letting me know she understood me.