10. Mistake

- Ellery Cohen - 

 - Ellery Cohen - 

After I had awoken for what felt like the hundredth time today, I was starting to feel a little better. I had overheard the word 'food poisoning' and my name, so I presumed that was what they all thought I had. I didn't know what I had, but I didn't like how it had made me feel. 

"Good afternoon, Ells" someone mumbled, seeming like they were still in the daze like state that I felt like I was in. Mommy never called me Ells, so I looked at the person, seeing Ethan now laying below me. I was a little confused as to where Rutger and Nolan had gone, or even where Miles and Mark were to be found. 

"Afternoon-n" I settled for, not having a clue what Ethan was talking about, rather still more worried about the people that were missing in the room. "Hey, you hungry pretty girl?" this was a new nickname, but I didn't mind. 

I had been called a pretty girl by some of mommy's male friends, and the way they said it had always sent chills down my spine, but the way Ethan did, I didn't flinch or shiver. "Ok-k" my stutter was back, but no one had ever said anything about it. 

"What do you want to eat?" right as Ethan got up, I grabbed my head in pain, not liking the feeling. "Nauseous?" I had no idea what he meant, so I hesitantly shook my head, not wanting to move as fast as Ethan had. "Ok, how about we give you something small and then some medicine" Ethan was speaking to himself at this point. 

I just rested my head on his shoulder, hoping that he would understand that I was not really in the mood for talking. "How about this?" someone then entered the dorm, which weirdly enough, looked nothing like the one I had been getting used to. 

I turned slowly to look at the new person, noticing it as Dylan, looking at him confused. What was he doing here and why was I not where I knew I fell asleep? I don't really know if I like it here anymore. 

"She's not really in the mood for talking" I heard Ethan whisper, as he took the paper bag from Dylan, looking inside it before he held it out for me to look in it. I didn't know what he was showing me, but I just put my head back down on his shoulder, just whishing someone else would make the decisions again. 

Mommy always made the decisions, so why being here was any different to living with mommy? "Ok" he settled for that, as he busied himself as I just closed my eyes in contentment. Just as Ethan finally stopped moving and sat down on a chair, did I hear a familiar voice. 

"Ellery?" a voice questioned in a hurried tone, that I opened my eyes and jumped up, nearly falling out of Ethan's hold. I didn't care about the way my vision was clouded or that my head was in a lot of pain, I just wanted to be held by him. 

The longer I was waiting for him to take me out of Ethan's arms was like he was almost rejecting me. "MILES" I screamed, not once stuttering over my words, as he rushed towards me, ripping me out of Ethan's hold, spinning me around a few times. 

I was over the moon, whatever that meant, that I was now securely in the arms of Miles, the person I had been begging for. "I missed you" he muttered, once he stopped swinging me around and had his lips over my hair. 

Every so often he squeezed me a little too tight, causing a burn up my stomach but I didn't say a word about it because I was just so happy in that moment. I was with the person I loved.

"Miles, can I have a word with you?" I was then put back down on the ground, looking up at the two people I was now torn between. Ethan looked like he was about to do something to Miles, who looked calm as ever. 

Ethan had been nothing but nice to me in the past couple of days, so I really hope I can see him more often, and I want to know where Rutger and Nolan had gone. I was also worried about Mark, as I hadn't seen him since the morning of my bedroom decorating. 

I just really hoped that these people were going to stay in my life more than mommy did, cause she was never home. 

---

I was grumpy. 

Miles has woken me up from a lovely sleep, making me get dressed in what felt like the freezing cold, but I knew the heater was on, only to make me walk with him down to the ice hockey rink for his Monday Morning practice. 

I was not happy one bit about all of this. 

I was having a lovely sleep that got disrupted by him, only to be sitting on the players bench, not even getting to talk to any of them, only Miles if he came over for a drink, but it wasn't as often as I liked.

Suddenly, everyone stopped moving on the ice, making me perk up to look at what they were all doing. I hid a little behind the wall of the bench that separated the ice from the bench area. All of the boys were down on one knee, facing Coach Kennedy, as Miles had told me. 

"Now boys, for the past week you have all been so distracted by something that was introduced last Monday afternoon, and I won't go into detail about it all, but I think something needs to change. You all made a priority to this team, and it has to stay that way. Something like this cannot happen again" 

Coach Kennedy was not subtle about what he was saying. I knew he was talking about me; I wasn't stupid to not understand what he was saying while I was right over here. 

Coach Kennedy left the ice after a moment of silence, as most of them stayed for a few more seconds, before deserting Miles. The elephant in the room was getting larger and larger as I saw Miles nearing me. I didn't like that I had done this too him. 

When he opened the gate to see me standing there, close to it, he knew that I had heard and understood it all. So, when he reached to grab me, I just grabbed his hand, dragging him to the exit of the ice. 

I didn't want to do anymore than I had already done. "Oh Ells" he murmured when I continued to drag him into the changing room, noticing all the boys went silent as I entered the room, making me look at each and every one of them, seeing they all pretended to seem busy. I see how it is now. 

My grumpy mood had completely disappeared and I was now more annoyed and disappointed in the people I had trusted; the people I had loved with all of my heart. I believed that they wouldn't change, just like Mommy did. 

I stood with my back to Miles and just watched as the rest of them continued in silence, not even saying a word to Miles. It was honestly petty on their behalf, because they were acting like they were my age. 

I just wish that they hadn't of made the mistake that they did. 

---

this was most definitely not the way I planned for the chapter to go, but do you think the boys will finally realize that it wasn't her fault what happened about her being there? lmk