CHAPTER 9

"It's not that I didn't want to, Seung. " Jungwon sighed, massaging his temple whilst walking back in forth inside the room. "You know that. "

"I just don't have enough time today and having an interview right now, at this moment, is not included in my schedule. " he added, halting on his tracks to face the glass wall. His gaze setting on the view of the city in front of him.

"Look, I didn't know the business here will take this long, you know? I thought I'd be back early this month but as you see, I'm still here. "

The man on the other line replied and that made Jungwon sighed for the nth time since his arrival at the company.

"I'll reschedule it. " It is not a question but a statement. And it is clear in his voice, in his tone yet his brother still took it as one.

"Absolutely not, Jungwon. " Heeseung on the other line, disagrees. "I rescheduled that interview countless of times already. I've been rescheduling that interview for almost a year now and it would be unprofessional of us if we will reschedule it again today. Especially that they're already in the building. "

"What should I do then? I told you I don't have enough time for that today. "

"Oh come on, Jungwon. You have time. Didn't you just tell me earlier before your arrival in the building that you'll just attend a short meeting today? "

Jungwon rolled his eyes. "Did I? "

"I have receipt. "

He sighed, fingers running through his locks then pinches the bridge of his nose. He's planning to spend his time resting in his flat after the meeting, not to attend an interview that was supposed to be his older brother's.

"It will only take a few minutes Won, come on. "

With another defeated sigh, the chairman nodded, finally giving in. "Alright alright. "

"Plus having an interview with them will benefit the company, don't you think? "

"Yeah no, I don't think so but alright. It's not like I can do something, don't I? Despite me being the chairman of this company." he replied, emphasizing the word chairman

Heeseung chuckled then hummed as an answer. "Yes, sir Lee because I am your older brother and you love me so much. "

Jungwon chuckled, shaking his head then bid his brother goodbye before ending the call.

He sighed as he walked towards his desk, pressing a certain button and placed the telephone on his ear. "Miss Han, kindly guide the visitor into my office. "

He sat on his swivel chair, hands caressing his temple as he sighed once again. He hates doing things that will make him known in the media, in the eyes of public.

In terms of facing the public, the media, the one who faces conference and anything that will publicly put your face on the media outlets or news, it is Heeseung. Because that man loves it.

And well, Jungwon hates it. That is why he only attends important meetings, negotiating to other companies in private, with no reporters nor journalists in sights.

And this would be the first time he would let himself be interviewed by someone, a journalist to be exact. And he just hopes the visitor doesn't have to record him or else he would kick them out the door and out of the building in an instant.

Because he hates attention.

Jungwon shifted on his chair and adapted a comfortable position. He faced his desktop, pulling an intimidating aura. The same aura he posses whenever he's at work or in an important meeting.

-

Minjoo embraced herself as she let herself be guided by the girl behind the counter. They have been walking for a few minutes now and she can't help but to wonder how big the building is.

Earlier, after finding out that she will face the chairman of the company instead of the CEO, she searched for the chairman of the Lee Financial so she could have at least a little bit information about the head of the board directors.

But she found none. No picture of them or what. And that alone made her anxious as she didn't know what to expect. Who will expect.

Is it an old man? Woman?

Minjoo pursed her lips and just focused on her way while following the girl who is guiding her.

Soon enough, they stopped on a certain silver tall door. The girl pressed something beside the door.

"The visitor is here, Sir. "

Minjoo was startled when something beeped, followed by a voice. A familiar voice to be exact but she couldn't pin point where she heard it.

"Let her in. "

The woman opened the door for Minjoo. The latter smiled, nodding her head before entering the office with her mind, still thinking about the voice.

It was so so so familiar yet she couldn't remember, pinpoint where she heard it.

"Thank you. " she says to the woman who just gave her a polite smile before closing the door, leaving her inside.

Minjoo inhaled deeply, a part of her wanted to back out because well, it is the chairman and not the CEO, it is someone who is above, the one who owns and share most of the profit of the company. It is the chairman.

But regardless, Minjoo turned around and faced the opposite direction. And there she came face to face with a man, a familiar man, who she thought she will never see again.

Because it is the same man who she longs for. The same man behind her fears and tears, the pain in her chest she endured for the past years.

It is the man who she saw in that certain aquarium back in Busan.

Jungwon.