CHAPTER 23

A little boy was peacefully strolling in the field that the Lee owns. His little hands are touching the dandelions carelessly, his eyes squinting from the blinding rays of the sun.

His lessons just finished a while ago and since he's an obedient and smart child just like what his teacher said, he had given the chance to go freely outside their mansion. And so he did.

And now he's enjoying every bit of it. He's enjoying walking down the field with the raw rays of sun kissing his bare crystal skin.

His brows furrowed as his pace slowed down, his sensitive hearing heightened upon hearing a faint high pitched scream followed by bark of dogs somewhere in the distance. He looked around him, searching if someone is in the field but seeing nothing but green, he decided to follow where the sound is coming from.

And there he found his dogs in the middle of trees, barking while circling a certain tree. He looked up and saw a little girl, probably about the same age as his, up the tree, clinging to its branch.

"Hey! " The little girl says with hoarse voice, probably from crying and screaming. "Can you help me get rid of those dogs? They are so big and scary! "

"I'm not sure but may I know what are you doing here? " He answered. "Why are you here? "

"Promise me if I tell you, you'll shoo them away? "

Curious, the little boy nodded. "I promise. " He promised.

"My parents visited the orphanage nearby. Me and the girls played hide and seek but then those dogs started attacking me, I'm scared so I ran up to here and climbed on this tree. "

The little girl's answer bring up a smile to his face. And just like what he promised, he shoo his dogs away.

"They're gone, you can come down now. " He says, watching his dogs go back to the mansion.

"Are you sure? " The little girl asked and he nodded.

"Yes. "

After that assurance, the girl climbed down. Her eyes are wet, there are also stain of tears on her cheeks. Her hair is disheveled, probably from all the running. But despite of those, he won't deny that the girl is quite pretty.

"Thank you. But what is your name? " The girl asked, trying to clean the stains on her dress.

"I'm Jungwon. What about you? What is your name? "

The little girl smiled. "My name is Jiyeon. "

-

There is nothing running in Jungwon's mind other than what his brother, Heeseung, told him back in the resort. Back in Jeju.

He's having mixed emotions. But all of them are positive. There are questions running in his head too, and he could not think of anything other than her.

"Your first love, Jungwon. Min Jiyeon. She is finally back. "

His grip from the steering wheel tightened, his heartbeat is quickening at every passing second.