CHAPTER 11

"What's up? "

Minjoo looked at her friend then pulled a light smile. She shrugged her shoulders then sigh.

"It's good, I guess. " she answered, trying to sound nonchalant to mask the doubt in her voice which was unsuccessful given by the fact that her friend knows her enough to read her well.

"Given by that tone and that 'I guess', tell me. What's bothering you? "

This time, Minjoo sighed deeply. Her gaze shifting from her friend's eyes down to the coffee on the table. "It's nothing, really. It's just about work, didn't know it was this tiring. "

Sihye can clearly see the lies in her eyes and the movements she does while saying those. But instead of pushing her friend to tell her what's the matter, she chose not to. She chose to respect Minjoo. If she's not ready to open up, then Sihye would respect that.

Besides, she knew her friend will open up once she's ready. But now, it's clear as water she is not.

So with that, Sihye nodded, not buying her answer but still letting go the subject. And Minjoo appreciates it as she smiles and took a sip of her coffee.

"By the way, how did it go? " Sihye asked.

"How did what? "

"You know, about the interview with the great CEO of Lee financial. "

Minjoo chuckled when her friend jerked her brows up and down in a teasing manner. She shook her head, lifting her cup once again and took a sip on it.

"Well─ " she started but immediately cut off by Sihye.

"He is handsome, isn't he? That Lee Heeseung daddy? "

"Oh my god, Sihye. Oh my gosh stop, for the love of God. "

The other laughed, finding Minjoo's reaction funny from what she said. "Oh come on, I know he is. " she added, winking towards her friend.

Minjoo burst out laughing, shaking her head. "I don't know. " she nonetheless, answered.

"You don't know? Did you not meet him? " the other questioned, now genuinely curious. "I mean, you interviewed him not long ago. "

"Hmm, I was supposed to but I didn't. "

"You mean? "

"I mean, " Minjoo leaned back and adapted a more comfortable position. "The CEO was out of the country and so I interviewed the chairman of the company instead. "

Sihye let out nothing but a simple 'oh' as her lips formed an 'o' shape. "So you've met the chairman instead of the CEO? "

"Yeah, as you see. "

"That sucks, you missed seeing the CEO. 'The' Lee Heeseung. "

Minjoo chuckled, shaking her head of what her friend said. She even emphasizes the 'the' as if he is talking to the God himself.

A phone call interrupted their conversation. Sihye excused herself after letting out a deep sigh which made the other shook her head.

After a while, the other came back to their table with an annoyed face.

"I really hate being me to be honest. "

Minjoo raised her brow to her friend. "Why? What happened? "

"Because I need to drive to the airport and fetch my grandma like dude, I love and miss her but please, I'm not in the mood to drive around this moment. "

"She came back? "

Sihye nodded. "Yeah and my parents wanted me to fetch her. " her face softens. "I'm sorry Minjoo but I need to go, I swear I'll make it up to you next time. Gosh. "

"Please treat me next time then. "

Sihye gave her friend a thumbs up, chuckling. "I'll get going then. "

Minjoo nodded and Sihye bid her goodbye before taking her departure. Though before the latter could even reach the door, she went back to where her friend is and sat on her previous seat.

"Thought you'll get going? " Minjoo asked, confused.

"I'll drop you to your home duh? "

She immediately shook her head. "No please, I can go home alone. Don't mind me, just go fetch your momma. "

"Are you sure? "

"Hundred percent certain. "

And with that, Sihye finally leave the place, leaving Minjoo alone.

The latter sighed, reaching for her drink and took a big sip on it. Her mind drifting back to that one time when she first saw him in this lifetime. She smiled painfully.

She heard the CEO of the Lee Financial came back few days ago so basically, she won't meet him again as she will interview the CEO instead of the chairman.

Minjoo stayed there for half an hour before she decided to go home. She approaches the street as she walked back to her apartment. Her mind's still full with those thoughts of him, with those memories she didn't know if she wanted to forget or to remember.

Forget because of the pain that is eating her inside out. But at the same time, to remember because it's the sole reason why she's still breathing. She's living up with the memories of him.

Of them.

"Can I rewind the time? " she asked, stopping on her tracks as she faced the railings of the bridge beside her. "Can I go back to the beginning of 1865? "

She let out a dry laugh and shook her head. "Of course not. " she spoke, answering her own question.

She looked ahead of her and saw the dark view of the river. A smile formed on her lips when the posts surrounds the river started lighting.

She took a few steps forward to get a better view, her hands touching the cold metal. She leaned forward and decided to step on the railings while closing her eyes to feel the breeze passing her.

It is peaceful. The place seems peaceful. It is just her heart that is not. It is just her mind that is not. But still, she still finds and appreciates the peacefulness of the place.

Well, not until someone suddenly embraced her form and yanked her body away from the railing.

Minjoo shot her eyes open and the next things she knew is she's looking at those familiar orbs looking at her with worry.

And once again, she wanted to breakdown but she held herself. She could hear her heart breaking but healing at the same time. Her loud thoughts from earlier suddenly become silent.

It's been so long, love. It's been so long since you held me like this...

"What are doing doing? "

Instead of answering his question, Minjoo lifted her hand and touch his cheeks. She smiled as she calls his name,

"Jungwon... "