CHAPTER 10

It's hard.

It is difficult. So so difficult to stay focus with her job when someone who she was longing for was right there before her. It is so hard to perform her job well when that man who has her heart, sitting right there in front of her with his eyes bores to hers.

It's been a few minutes since Minjoo sat down to that long couch and started interviewing, asking the man with the questions that the agency gave her. But those few minutes feels like hours to her.

She wanted to go to him and hug him, tell him that she will no longer make him wait and leave him. But she didn't. She refrained herself from doing so. And it feels like hours she's been stopping herself when in fact, it's just a few minutes.

Minjoo bit her lips, nodding when the man answered her latest question. She did her best to recall his answer and wrote it down in the journal book she has. She looked at the next question after.

"What a-about the ball? "

Ball...

Minjoo bit her lips, averting her gaze from the piece of paper and looked at the man all the while trying to shut those thoughts in her head. Those flashbacks that started showing in her head.

"What about the ball, " she inhaled deeply. "Anything about that event that the company wanted to publicize? "

"You're here... " she whispered, eyes not leaving the man next to her.

Jungwon nodded, looking ahead of them then back to her as he asked,

"Were you looking for me again, lady Min? "

And Jiyeon slowly nodded as an answer, bringing a smile to the man's lips.

"I'm glad to know that. "

"W-what is the p-purpose of it? " she added with her question as flashbacks keeps on coming..

Jungwon faced her. "Tell me why, lady Min. Why were you always looking for me, why did you follow me that day. "

"Tell me why did you want to see me. " he added.

"It's because... " she paused, not knowing how to word it. And it shows when she suddenly point her finger at the moon above them.

Jungwon followed her hand and looked at the moon.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't? " she says.

"The moon has always been beautiful, lady Min. "

"W-who are expected t-to attend... " she added with shaking voice.

"May I have this dance, lady Min? "

Jiyeon held her breath after hearing those words coming from the other's lips. Her heart skipping a beat and suddenly, she didn't know what to do nor what to think.

But despite of that, she found herself nodding, accepting Jungwon's hand who guided her in the middle of the balcony. And as if on cue, the music changed and a romantic melody was played.

They danced, swaying their body side to side and it is the most romantic thing for Jiyeon.

Dancing under the night sky with the man she admires, being the stars and the moon witnessing this wonderful and beautiful moment is beyond perfection for her.

"Miss? Are you alright? "

Minjoo blinked, snapping from the train of flashbacks in her head. She looked at the hand holding her shoulder then to the man who owns it who are looking at her with worried eyes.

"Are you alright? "

No, I'm not. I missed you. I miss you.

Minjoo nodded causing the man to retreat his hand and she would be lying if that little action did not hurt her. Because it does.

Though what she did not expect was for the man to offer her a handkerchief. Minjoo looked at hik with confused eyes.

The chairman gave her a light nod. "You've been crying, you looked so lost. I don't know what happened, what was the matter so take this, I hate seeing women cries. "

Minjoo immediately took it, bowing multiple times while saying her apologies.

Jungwon smiled, shaking his head. He goes back to his previous spot, at the single couch in front of her. "It is alright, miss. It seems like something happened, and I assume it is important. "

"Oh no, it's nothing─"

"Feelings are valid, miss. Your emotional state is what matters the most here. I don't know what you are experiencing right now, I don't have the slightest idea. But even so, the emotional and mental being of a person is what really important. "

You're still the same... You're still understanding..

Minjoo thought, bowing her head to apologize once again. "I apologise, sir. "

Jungwon smiled. "I told you, it's alright. We can continue this interview in another time. " he stood up and looked at her.

"But have we met before? You seemed familiar. "

Familiar from the year 1865 or from that certain aquarium?

Minjoo wanted to ask but before she could even open her lips, the man shook his head.

"Never mind. Do you want my assistant to accompany you on the ground floor or you can manage it yourself? " he added but before she could even answer once again, the man shook his head for the second time. "Don't answer, I'll just ask her to guide and accompany you. "

Minjoo just nodded as an answer, drying her tears with the handkerchief the man offered her a while ago. Once she's done, the man was nowhere in the office and Minjoo didn't know how to give it back to him.

Maybe in another time, I'll just wash this.

She thought and soon enough, a woman in her early thirties entered the office and guided her out of the building.

And as soon as Minjoo was out, she immediately went home and played the song she has been playing whenever she will have an episode.

Their song, Home.

And right there, she finally broke down.