CHAPTER 26

Jiyeon...

Min Jiyeon...

The smile in Minjoo's lips that time, faded just by the mere mention of that name. So the girl she saw with him that night.... Is Jiyeon.

And she look exactly like Jiyeon.

What the fuck.

Minjoo didn't know what to feel exactly. Everything is bottling up inside her and she doesn't know how to handle it. She doesn't know how to address those.

The fact that the story Jungwon just told her is so fucking familiar, as if it is an another copy of the story from the past..... Does that mean she's not Jiyeon?

Does that mean she was never her?

Because if that's the case then the fate did her dirty. The universe did her dirty.

She's hurt. She felt so devastated at the moment but it seems like she doesn't have the right to. Because she's not her.

She. Is. Not. Her.

Fuck.

How funny. Minjoo wanted to breakdown at the moment but she can't. She could not. Because she is with him.

Because she is with Jungwon.

"Are you okay? " Minjoo looked at the other, no longer have the strength to smile and pretend to be supportive.

Instead of answering him, she chose to ask him a question. "Do you know about the story of Yang Jungwon and Jiyeon from the past? "

"There story in 1865? " She added when the man did not answer. "Their story is being studied in school, history subject. "

"Jungwon and Jiyeon? " Jungwon asked, surprised with the names mentioned . Minjoo nodded as an answer and this caused the man to shake his head. "No, I don't. I was homeschooled, remember. They didn't teach history that much so I don't."

So he is not aware. And that means he didn't make those up.

This is so messed up, to be honest. Minjoo doesn't know what is real anymore because fate is just so cruel.

She was just so in love with that certain story and they thought it would be fun to make fun of her and let her travelled back in time to see their real story, to witness what really happened....

Or maybe that's the purpose? For her to only SEE their story. For her to ONLY witness what really happened.

And she is not her. She was just given a chance to be her back then to know what really happened...

Minjoo wanted to laugh with the realization because what the actual fuck is that? She suddenly remember what she told herself when she first saw him.

If I am Min Jiyeon's reincarnation, then he might be Yang Jungwon's, right?

She wanted to laugh because that is a big slap to her face. IF she is Jiyeon's reincarnation? What a big joke.

Humiliation. Minjoo felt so humiliated with herself right now for assuming she is. For assuming things.

And the fact that she felt like she have no right to be hurt, to be devasted for the pain she felt from the past and up to now because she is not her is too much.