CHAPTER 20

"I didn't know you're here. "

Minjoo glanced at the man walking next to her. Her gaze focusing on the sea behind him which compliments his perfect side profile. She smiled.

"Me too. " She says, agreeing to the other. "I didn't know you were here. I mean, didn't you just called me earlier this afternoon, asking if i wanna grab some bread with you? "

The man laugh but nodded nonetheless, not denying what the other said. "Yeah. " He says.

"Actually, the sole reason I contacted you is not because I really want to eat bread but I wanted to see you. " he added and Minjoo couldn't believe what she just heard. And seeing the man just saying those causally is making her heart crazy. "Yeah, I wanted to see you before I come here. "

She giggled and chose to joke the man. "Let me guess, you probably felt sad when I told you I'm not in Seoul. "

Jungwon looked at her while bringing his hands deep inside his pockets as a cold breeze passed them. The corner of his lips tugged upward. "Hmm, you could say that. "

"Huh? "

He stopped on walking and faced the sea instead. Minjoo followed his actions.

"I said you could say that. " He glanced at her then smiled. "Because I did. "

Oh....

That.....made her speechless. It was supposed to be a joke, to maintain the light mood but then the way he handled it, the way he answered it left her in utter speechless.

"I left Seoul, thought I wouldn't see you for days. Turned out we headed in the same place. "

At this point, it's really not surprising. It should not be surprising as accidents like this always happens to them. To the point it no longer accidence nor coincidence. At this point, it is fate.

It is destiny.

Minjoo nodded, and once again agreeing to the man. "Yeah. "

No one talked after that as silence engulfed them. Soon, Jungwon sat on the sand. He looked at her then tapped the space beside him, indicating for the other to sit next to him.

And she did.

It was silent. The only thing you'll hear is the sound of the waves along with the clashing of leaves of trees as breeze passes them.

Was.

Because the man started humming, and it left her surprised. He hummed a song she's not quite familiar with but her heart, it seems like it knows the song as it started beating accordingly, creating a rhythm only them can hear and understand.

"Was that yours...or mine? "

"Huh? " Minjoo knew well what he is referring to but she's still in shock and didn't know how to respond. What to respond.

If Jiyeon has that unbeatable courage before, well, let's just say Minjoo doesn't. And that is why.

Jungwon smiled, shaking his head. "Nevermind. " He stood up and offered his hand to the other. "Let's go? It's quite late already, you have work to do tomorrow, right? "

Minjoo nodded, accepting his hand as she stood up and they began walking back towards the resort.

She's expecting him to release his hold to her hand, she was expecting him to let go of her hand and bury it deep in his pocket just like earlier. But what she didn't expect was for him to tighten his grip to hers and intertwined their fingers as they make their way back to the resort.

She looked at him and saw him looking down at hers. He smiled and so did she.

And at that particular moment, they're both contented as their heart beats the same rhythm. They are both aware of that.

And they prefer it that way.

-

"Thank you so much for the time, ma'am. "

The woman in her mid forty's smiled at the girl across her before excusing herself and took her departure, leaving the other alone at their table.

Minjoo sighed, closing her notes and MacBook as she ready herself to leave.

She's done interviewing some of the business owners in Jeju. And gladly to say, she's close in completing her task and she's so excited to finish her job as soon as possible so she could enjoy the place, travel here and there and relax at the island.

It's been three days already since she arrived at the island. And that day after her arrival, she immediately started doing her task and she's glad she's close on finishing it.

Minjoo stayed at the restaurant a little longer as she's waiting for a certain someone who promised her he'd fetch her after she's done with the interview for today.

So she stayed there a little longer, eating the food that's barely touched during the interview. A smile forming on her lips as the memory of the man crossed her mind.

Since that night at the beach, Minjoo swear something changed between them. But she didn't know what exactly it is. She could only point that it is good, and she's never this happy and contented in this lifetime.

And speaking of that man, while Minjoo is busy thinking about the past days where they're with each other, the nights they spent at the seashore, a pair of hands covered her eyes, blocking her sight.

Her smile widened knowing who it was. Though she pretended she didn't and started guessing.

"Who is this? " She asked, groping the hands that covers her eyes. "Oh...." Is this my dearest?

"Is this the Lee to the Jungwon? The unpredictable man? "

A familiar melody of his laugh was heard in their area as Jungwon's hands loosened. Minjoo immediately looked up and saw the man she was just thinking awhile ago.

"I knew it. "

And that made the man shook his head, smiling so widely as his teeth are on full display. "Yeah, it's the 'unpredictable' Lee to the Jungwon. "

Minjoo just smiled as an answer as she's busy admiring the beauty in front of her. His face is so flawlessly sculpted, it's as if God took his time creating the man standing beside her.

"Let's go? " Jungwon spoke, offering his hand to her.

Minjoo nodded and once again, accepted his hand as they took their departure.

They left the restaurant, hand in hand. And both of them didn't mind as both of them are starting to get used with the warmth of one another.