Chapter 8.

They didn't stop running until they were under Ellora's bedroom window. Ellora doesn't think she had ever ran this fast in her life. She was panting and gasping for air by the time they stopped. She bent to her knees and started taking deep breaths. Ezra on the other hand, looked completely fine. He stood looking up at the window as if admiring the architecture, without any sign of tiredness. He wasn't even breathing heavily like her. On second thought, does robots breath?

Out of pure habit she looked around her to see if anyone was anywhere near. She looked up and saw the lights in Aiden's room was on. Once again, today. Ellora groaned in frustration. It's past 2 at night. Doesn't this kid ever sleep? "Hurry up," she said turning to Ezra quickly. "Aiden is still up, that annoying boy. He may look out the window any time."

Ellora didn't wait for him and just started to climb up the window as he gazed up at Aiden's room. She climbed up as fast as she can. Fear and experience made her hit the floor of her bedroom quicker than usual. She exhaled a deep sigh of relief as she turned the lights on and took in the familiar look of her room. She was in her room. She was safe, in one piece.

She walked over to her table, just as Ezra hoped over the window edge and came inside. She started jugging water right from the bottle, ignoring the glass beside it. She gasep some more before sitting down on her bed. By far, this has been the craziest night she had ever had. Crazy wasn't the right word. It was more than that. But she doesn't have the word for it.

That house wasn't abandoned. Not at all. It wasn't ghostly. And it wasn't only dark and creepy. It was deadly and cold and dangerously mysterious and so much more. For years, for 15 years, people has been avoiding the house because they think it has become so unsuitable for people's living that the house might swallow them whole of they go inside it. But someone is living there. And not only living, he is doing some really weird stuffs; making humanoid robots! Is it even ligal? God knows for how long he has been in that house.

"Ellora," she heard Ezra call. His voice was low as if they were still in the Dark house.

"I know," she said standing up, without looking at him. She walked over to her closet and started taking out a new pair of clothes. "It's... I don't know what to say. My mind is blowing off. I need to take a shower. I need my mind to calm down. And," she added as she entered the bathroom and put the clothes in the hook. "You know the drill. Don't make any noice."

Without another word she closed the door before turning on the shower. As the cold water hit her bare face, she felt her mind calming down. It's as though, the water took away all the stress with them, sliding through her body.

She had been in the shower for at least an hour when she finally decided to dry herself up. She was already feeling much better. Ezra was seating on her bed with his back to the door when she came out. She wonder what he had been thinking. She searched for words as what to say or where to began.

"We need to talk," she said throwing the previous clothes on the bucket. "My head is still spinning a bit. But it's better now."

"Ellora," she heard Ezra call. She glanced at him once before turning back again.

"We aren't at the Ghost House anymore. You can talk normally.

"I think," his voice trailed off, unsure. "you would want to see this."

Ellora looked back at him confused. What was he talking about? Ezra stood up from the bed slowly. Almost as if hesitantly, he turned around and faced her. Ellora's jaw dropped open when she saw him. She clasped her hand tightly to her mouth, her eyes wide open. His left arm lay by his side lazily while his right arm - it's not there. It's missing! He doesn't have his right arm. He doesn't have an arm!