Chapter 12.

Ezra snatched the paper from Ellora's hand. He looked at it carefully, his face serious and worried. "It's him," Ellora said and he looked up at her. "I am sure of it. He put this in my bag. It is him. He was close enough to put it in my bag. Or maybe some men he hired. He has been following me."

"Calm down," Ezra said in a soothing voice. "Can it be... a joke played by your friends or something?"

"No," Ellora said angrily. "Who would tell me to undone what I did before it's too late?"

"Make sence," Ezra muttered under his breath. He looked back down at the printed words on the paper. UNDO WHAT YOU DID. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Ellora got pass him and set down on the bed. "But how did he do it? How.... when?"

Ezra turned around and walked over to her. "Was this ball in your bag while you were at school?"

Ellora shook her head. "No. I checked my bag before leaving the class. It wasn't there when I zipped it up."

"Did you stop anywhere on your way from school to here?"

"No, I... well, yes. I stopped at the bakery to buy donuts."

"Where is the bakery?"

"Down the street. A bit ahead of my school. Yes, I put my bag down on the table. And then went at the back of the bakery with aunt Poly. Someone must have put the ball in my bag then."

"Who is aunt Poly?"

"The owner of the bakery." Ellora must have seen the look on Ezra's face because then she quickly added, "But, she wouldn't do it. She, no, she is my Ammi's friend. I know her from childhood."

"Ok," Ezra nooded to himself. He set down on the bed beside her. "Were there anyone else in the shop?"

"Yes," Ellora sighed, disappointed. "There were so many students there after school like me."

"He has been following you," Ezra said, mostly to himself.

"That's what I just said." Ellora looked at him, suddenly annoyed. "You said we should wait for something to happen before doing anything. Here you go. A threat letter had been put in my bag. Now what? Is this enough to start thinking of doing something?"

Ezra turned to stare at her. Ellora doesn't think he had heard anything she said. "Do not go to school tomorrow. Do you understand? Do not. Tell your parents you are sick or something."

"It's Friday tomorrow. School isn't closed, anyway."

"Good," Ezra nooded. "Do not go anywhere tomorrow. Stay inside your house."

"But I have...."

"Cancel them. It would not be safe for you to get out of the house now."

Ellora leaned in closer to him. She dropped her voice to a whisper. "You think he will try to harm me?"

Ezra took a moment before answering, "There is a significant chance."

"But what about my parents and Noah?"

"Who is Noah?"

"My brother, idiot," she hissed angrily. "What if he try to harm them?"

Ezra shook her head slightly. "I do not think he will. He is doing something illigal. That much we are sure of. So, he will try to keep it a secret as much as possible. I think, that is why he is giving you first warnings instead of doing anything. For you to do as he wants so that he does not have to take any serious action."

Ellora looked at him, frustrated. "But, I can't stay home forever. I have to go to school on Saturday. Or on Sunday. Or on Monday."

"Let me go with you, then."