Chapter 10.

Ellora pressed the bell and waited. She was expecting to see Aiden or his Ammi to greet her. She prepared herself to start her yelling if it was Aiden. But instead, it was Eva who opened the door.

"Hey, Ellora," Eva said with a wide grin. "Fancy seeing you here."

Ellora looked at her confused for a moment. "Hi," she said with a weak smile. I am here to see Aiden."

"Oh, yeah. He is inside. Come on in." She stepped aside making way for Ellora. Ellora smilled again and entered the living room. But once inside, she stopped on her tracks.

It looked like the whole gang was there. Apart from Eva, there were Richard, Rachel and Jashwa, all seating on the couches in their most comfortable positions. Everyone but except Aiden. Upon seeing her, they all looked up at her from their gossiping, like she was some kid who lost her way in the first day of school and entered the wrong class. Ellora's heart fluttered seeing those familiar dark brown eyes of Jashwa staring at her, supriced.

Richard was the first one to speak. "Took a wrong turn, Ellora? This isn't the Dark House." Saying that, he and Rachel burst out laughing like it was the funniest thing they had ever heard. Ellora frowned at the siblings. She hated Richard's comments about her like this. Since middle school he was always after picking and making fun of her. As if it was his life mission to make her life miserable. She didn't get why he hated her so much.

Jashwa looked at her with sorry eyes. Ellora had a strong urge to slap him at that moment. Don't pitty me, tell your girlfriend and friend to shut up, she wanted to say. But she didn't. She couldn't, to be specific. "Where is Aiden?"

"O my God," Richard said dramatically. "Had he volunteered to assist in your time-for-ghost-hunting mission? No! Don't take our friend away from us!" The siblings started laughing again and Ellora rolled her eyes. These are the exact reasons why Ellora stopped coming to this house. After Aiden got friends with the siblings, they would almost always be hanging out at his house. And that means tolerating their nonsenses

"Stop it, Richard," Ellora said. "These aren't even funny, anymore."

"Yeah, but, this aren't to make you laugh. These are to annoy you. Which," he gave a wicked smile at her. "is clearly working."

Ellora opened her mouth to say something but at that moment, Aiden came out of one of the rooms, whistling to himself and soothing down his T-shirt. He must have been changing.

Without waiting for a second, Ellora marched over to him, grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and dragged him back into the room, as everyone starred at her shocked and confused. But she was too angry to care.

Aiden bumped hard into a tool inside the room and Ellora finally let go of his collar. "Whoa, easy there," he said startled, balancing on his feets awkwardly. He looked like someone, who had abruptly woken up from a deep sleep after a bucket of cold water have been poured onto him. "What are you doing, Ellora? When did you even get here?"

"What did you say to your Ammi?" Ellora asked ignoring him.

"About what?" he asked rubbing the side of his stomach.

"About me and Ezra."

He looked confused for a moment. And then immediately looked guilty. "Um, ok, I need to explain this."

"Oh, so you did say. I thought we had a deal."

"What deal?" He asked bluntly.

"The unspoken one. I didn't go and tell my Ammi that I saw you sneak out of your house at 3 am in the morning. So, why on earth, did you?"

"Shhh! Keep it down, will you?" Aiden gave a panic glance at the living room, where the others were seating. He dragged Ellora deeper into the room, away from the door. "Look, I had to tell, ok? Ammi was asking me so many weird questions. Apparently she saw the lights in my room was on for several days in a row. She wasn't buying anything I said. So, in that moment, it just slipped from my mouth while trying to change the topic so that she would stop breathing down my neck."