Chapter 13.

"What are you going to ask him?" Ezra asked. He was lying on the bed, propped up by the pillows and playing with the two black balls; throwing them up in the air and catching them with opposite hands.

Ellora stood infront of her dressing table, staring at her reflection. Days of lack of sleep had finally cought up to her and had started to show on her appearance, too.

Her face looked tired. Too tired to be only from lack of sleep. Her eyes looked smaller as if wanting to just close and rest. There were dark shadows under her eyes and she could see a couple of acnes on her chin.

She sighed and picked up the concealer. "That why he was out of his house yesterday once again," she said replying to Ezra.

"What if he denies? Or says he was out for a walk again?"

"Then, atleast we will know he is lying and trying to hide something," She said applying the concealer on her face.

"And what if he did tell the truth and say that he indeed saw something?"

"I will see it then." She glanced at Ezra in the mirror. "You seem to have find a good pass-time," Ellora said annoyed that he was playing with the very balls that was used to threat her.

"Yeah, I have been getting bored while you are at school and I am locked up in my thorn in my bathroom." Ellora couldn't tell if he was saying it as a matter of fact or if he was being sarcastic.

Ezra cought the balls in his hand once and stopped. He looked at the reflection of Ellora in the mirror and frowned. "Why are you putting on makeup to go to Aiden's house?" He asked. "Are you hoping to see Jashwa again?"

Ellora stopped in the middle of blending the concealer. Her cheeks flushed. She indeed was worried -- if not hoping -- that Jashwa would be there. But he can't just read her mind like that. "No, I am not," she lied. "I am getting ready as usual."

"I have never seen you put on makeup before."

"You know me for barely 5 days." Ellora gave a roll of her eye and resumed her blending.

"Sounds long enough to know someone's morning routine."

"You can't tell me if I can wear makeup or not."

"I am not telling you if you can or can not. I am telling you that you do not need to. You are pretty even without it," he paused for only a second before adding. "If not prettier."

Ellora froze in the process of taking the mascara from her drawer. If her cheeks has flushed pink earlier, it had gone bright red now. Her heart gave a strange flutter inside her.

Ezra cranned his neck and peered at the reflection of Ellora's frozen form at the mirror, looking back at him. One side of his lips turned up in an amused smile. "Did I make you blush?"

Ellora, not being able to reply back, looked away from him awkwardly and picked up the mascara.

Ezra's grin broke into a full grin. "It is adorable when you can not even talk when are shy."

"Can you shut up?" Ellora said avoiding to look at him.

Ezra set up properly, peeling his back away from the pillows. "You should not say like that. It is not everyday you get such complements from a humanoid robot."

"Not like everyone wants to, either." Ellora muttered under her breath.

"Unless," Ezra said, having heard her. "It is an attractive one like me."

The sound of Areena calling Ellora's name from downstairs carried into the room. Ellora yelled back in response, glade to have an excuse to stop the conversation. She turned back and looked at Ezra. "Stay here. I will come back quick. Don't make any noice."

Ezra's eyes widened in suprice. "You are leaving me here alone exposed like this?"

"If you want to go to the bathroom you are widely welcome."

"Never mind," Ezra said laying back on the pillows.