Chapter 9.

"You do not have any other place for me to stay?" Ezra asked as Ellora was packing her bags for school. He was standing infront of the bathroom, looking at it with distasteful eyes. "A bit more descent one?"

"This is descent enough." Ellora turned to look at him. "Why do you have so much problem? My bathroom isn't dirty. I clean it everyday. It's so neat, you can literally have your meals in there."

"You eat your meals in there?"

"I said you can have."

"Well, I do not need to. I do not eat."

"Whoa," Ellora exclaimed. "Like never?"

"Ever. I get my energy from charging, remember? No food, no sleep."

Ellora turned to look at him like she has just realized something. "You know, I don't think I ever asked you how you get charged."

"Yeah, you haven't."

"I mean, I am asking you. How do you get charged. I never changed you with those panel," Ellora said pointing at Ezra's ankle. "And, besides you said those are for emergencies. So, how do you usually get changed?"

"Through solar panel," he replied. "My system is designed with custom solar panel in it."

"So, to charge, you need..."

"Sun," Ezra finished her sentence.

"But, how did you used to get sun when you were in that, in the Dark House?"

Ezra shook his head. "I do not remember. I was always turned off while charging. But from what I saw yesterday, I think that house has something to capture solar energy in it. Which is later used to charge me and the rest of humoids."

Ellora squinted her eyes. "How do you get charge here?"

"There is a small window in your bathroom at top," Ezra said. "Enough for sunlight to fall into my system."

Ellora starred at him for a few seconds. A robot boy, she is hiding from her family, has been charging himself in her bathroom. Can her life get any weirder?

"But that still does not make me want to go to the bathroom," Ezra said pulling her back from her thoughts.

Ellora sighed. "Honestly, I don't think it's that bad. It even smells of levender, did you notice?"

"The bathroom does not smell of levender. The freshener does."

Ellora rolled her eyes at him. Ezra watched her as she zipped up her bag. And then started to put on her socks. She was about to tell him to stop staring like that because it was starting to feel creepy, when he spoke up, "What will you say to Aiden if you meet him at the school today?"

"Nothing. What's there to say?"

"What if he asks you more about me? Or about the night?"

"Why would he do that?"

"I do not know." Ezra shrugged. "He looked a bit too nosy to me. "And honestly, I do not think he believed a thing we said."

"Well, I don't believe he sneaked out of his house to just have a walk at 3 am in the morning, either. And I don't think he will tell anyone anything. We have got something on him too."

"Why was he being so protective, anyway?" Ezra said. And he sounded annoyed. "We said you aren't friends anymore."

"Yeah, but we used to be. He was just looking out for me. We are neighbours and classmates. And though not very close, we are still friends. These are enough to make him feel responsible to protect me."