Chapter 14.

Ellora stopped once downstairs. The front door of the house was open. And she was shocked to see Aiden standing on the doorway talking to her Ammi. As if sensing her presence, Aiden looked over Areena's shoulder at her and their eyes met. Why was he here?"

"Ellora," Areena called her, turning around. "Aiden was looking for you."

"What are you doing here?" Ellora asked walking over to them. The words came out rather a bit ruder than she intended.

Beside her, Areena gasped as if she has insulted one of their guests. "Ellora, that's not a way to talk to someone."

Ellora resisted the urge to roll her eyes at her Ammi and instead focused them on Aiden. He gave an awkward laugh at the exchange. "I wanted to talk about the school project. It's due tomorrow, remember?" He gave her a look, telling her to play along.

"Oh, why don't you come inside and seat down?" Areena offered. "I am just making breakfast."

"He isn't hungry," Ellora interrupted just as Aiden was about to answer -- no doubt to say yes. "Are you? We can just talk outside."

Before Areena could say anything, she dragged him out of the house, making sure to close the front door behind.

"Easy there. Don't rip off my arm," Aiden said staggering on his feet awkwardly.

Ellora let go off his hand and winced, remembering how she had actually seen it happen once already. "So, school project, huh?" Ellora said once Aiden steadied himself on his feet. "What was that about?"

Aiden put his hands on his pockets and cocked his head at her, "You would've preferred me tell her the truth?"

Ellora looked at him confused, "What truth?"

"About yesterday night." He said it causally like it wasn't a big deal.

Ellora's stomach gave a twist inside her. Somehow, she knew what he was talking about. Still, doubt clouded her and she asked "What are you talking about?"

"Don't tell me you are really confused."

She put both her hands in her waist & made an annoyed face at him. "Stop beating around the bush and come to the point."

Aiden mimicked her expression, putting his own hands on this pockets. "So, Ellora," he said. "Do you remember the drug incident in school last month?"

Ellora squinted her eyes at him in confusion. She did remember the incident. Last month a couple of boys from their year has been caught doing drugs in the school's Janitor's room by the principal himself. In a clean town like Wyvernland, where you can hardly find anything other than Cigarettes, a news like this has spread even quicker than small towns gossip. But she wasn't sure how this was important right now.

"Yes," she replied, spektically

"Then you must also remember that the Fairland is behind how those guys are getting their drugs from."

Ellora frowned, not sure where he was going with this. "That's the rumour, but, yes."

"And it only happens to be that you have a friend -- a very weird & suspicious friend- who is also happened to be from Fairland."

Ellora closed her eyes feeling completely annoyed and exhausted. She sighed a very long and heavy sigh. "Aiden, are you seriously..."

"Oh, I am not done yet." Aiden held up a hand infront of him stopping Ellora before she could start. "Let me finish first."

Ellora stopped, looking at him with curiosity again.

"You see, for the last couple days, I've been seeing a man walk by our neighborhood after mid-night almost everyday. It's weird because I don't think he is actually from our town."