Awful Arrival

Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire were three remarkable children.

Violet, the oldest, had a love for inventing new things. Violet is an intelligent inventor whose wit and skills will soon save her, her siblings and her soon to be friends, countless times from death. She has a habit of tying her hair back with a ribbon when concentrating to keep it out of her eyes.

Klaus, the middle child, was fascinated by books and literature. He is quiet, subdued and bookish, but do not mistake Klaus's reserve for fear, or his detached attitude for cynicism. The literate Klaus is, like his siblings, not only brave but hopeful, even if life throws them into one horrible situation after another.

And Sunny, the youngest, had a love for biting things. Sunny is kind-hearted, brave, intelligent, gracious, and sensible like her older siblings. Although Sunny couldn't speak a word of English, her teeth was known to be remarkably sharp that she could bite anything.

Now if you've picked this book, you should already know how this part of the story goes with the unfortunate events from the day the Baudelaire children took a rickety trolley to Briny Beach. But their lives at Count Olaf's were similarly different.

And that is where our story begins.
_______________

Mr. Poe rings the doorbell to Count Olaf's house. It was an unpleasant house to look at because the house's bricks are stained with soot and grime, the front door needed repainting (and contains a carving of an eye), and the entire building sags to one side, implying the house is not structurally sound. Definitely not a place for three young children, or more.

The door was soon open by Count Olaf, a tall, thin, unkempt man with one eyebrow. "Hello, hello, hello children." He says with an evil smirk, one that made the children nervous. "Please come into my home, and wipe your feet on the way in. And a man with a hat."

Although the children did what he said, it wouldn't have made a difference. The house was as dirty on the inside than the outside. Dust and dirt were everywhere. "I'm Mr. Poe from the bank." Mr. Poe tells Count Olaf. "I will say that the house will need a bit of work."

"Well, I know that it's not as fancy as the Baudelaire mansion. But with their fortune the place can get a change up." Count Olaf says.

"Count Olaf, the Baudelaire fortune is not to be used for such matters. It was strictly in the Baudelaire's parent's will, that the fortune cannot be collected until Violet becomes of age." Mr. Poe explains to Count Olaf.

"Which ones Violet?" Count Olaf asks.

"The Eldest." Mr. Poe says and Count Olaf frowns before looking at the Baudelaires with a wicked smile.

"Well. I hope to be the father you've never had." Count Olaf says.

"We had a father." Klaus tells him.

"I know. And a mother too. Incredible woman. Flammable." Count Olaf then turns to Mr. Poe and opens the door. "Well, as they say in the theatre. Exit stage right."