Low-Key, Love and Labour

Count Olaf gives them the list and shows the Baudelaires to the seventh bathroom while the Quagmires went to do the washing and Elizabeth, Sam and Keira were cleaning the kitchen. The doorbell rings and Elizabeth gets up from the kitchen floor, walking towards the front door. She is about to open the door when Count Olaf rushes towards her and opens the door instead. He finds Justice Strauss standing on his step, with a lamb on a tray. "You're a little too old for a girl scout." He comments.

"I'm Justice Stauss." She speaks. Count Olaf shakes his head not hearing the name before.

"Doesn't ring a bell." He tells her.

"She lives across the street." Elizabeth tells him. Count Olaf turns his head and looks at Elizabeth before rolls his eyes, not believing her.

"Yes, because you would know that." He mutters towards Elizabeth.

"I'm your neighbour, I live across the street." Justice Stauss says and Elizabeth smiles knowing she is right.

"Have you done something different with your hair." Count Olaf asks, unexpectedly.

"May I come in?" Justice Strauss asks, ignoring his question.

"Is this about the children?" Count Olaf asks. "I apologize for the noise. I told them to cry using their inside voices."

"What?" Justice Strauss asks in a bit of concern as Elizabeth snickers slightly at how bad Olaf had messed up. "I just thought I'd stop by and see how they're doing. I know it's very soon, but I'm about to become very busy with a difficult case in the high court. I'm not supposed to talk about it, but I can tell you it involves illegal use of someone's credit card... and a poisonous plant."

"You sure it isn't this guy here?" Elizabeth mumbles low enough so Olaf could hear.

He glares at her before looking back at Justice Strauss. "I made them this lamb." Count Olaf then steps outside of the house and shuts the door slightly, so Elizabeth can't listen anymore. How wrong he was as the sixteen-year-old just listened in more.

"How neighbourly." Count Olaf comments. "I'm sorry..."

"Justice Strauss." She reminds him of her name.

"Justice Stauss. May you excuse me for one moment while I deal with one of children." Count Olaf says, before opening the door to find Elizabeth standing not so far away from it. Count Olaf shakes his head at her. "Elizabeth, you should know better than to listen to people's conversations."

"The only conversations that are ever in this house are about your boring theatre plays." Elizabeth says.

Count Olaf's eyes widen as he looks at her, gasping loud and dramatically while he points at her. "Take that back."

"Sorry. I forgot. Your songs suck too." Elizabeth says smirking. Count Olaf was on the verge of bursting with rage and was about to yell at her when Elizabeth tilts her head to the left side and smile. "Hello. You must be Justice Strauss"

Count Olaf freezes before turning to look at Justice Strauss, forgetting that he didn't close the door. "Hello. And who might you be?" Justice Strauss asks.

"I'm Elizabeth." She introduces herself.

"Oh, nice to meet you, Elizabeth. Are you Count Olaf's daughter?" Justice Strauss asks and Elizabeth snickers about to answer but was interrupted by Count Olaf.

"Yes. Yes, she is." Olaf lies.

"You wish." Elizabeth mutters.

"Yes, and she is currently in trouble so if you'll excuse me for a minute." Count Olaf says, shutting the door this time. Except when he turns around Elizabeth isn't there and she has run off. The rage in Olaf appears back to the surface and he roars. "ELIZABETH!"