Chapter 9: My heart beats for you

Soon Monami came from the other side of the corridor with Sanju supporting her. Though she was in a better position but her eyes were still puffed holding tears in them. As soon as Monami saw her mother, she ran to her and hugged her tightly sobbing bitterly.

Monami (sobbing): Mu...Mumma, Karan... Karan theek toh ho ja...jayega na? Uss... usko kuch ho... hoga nahi na?

Juhi: Shant hoja mera baccha. Kuch nahi hoga Karan ko. Sab theek ho jayega

They calmed her down a little and then all of them went in Karan's ward. Suhana and Monami were sitting on either side of Karan holding his hand whereas rest of them were scattered all around the room.

Soon Karan started to gain consciousness and eventually opened his eyes a little. He couldn't see everything clearly but he understood that there were a lot of people gathered around him. The doctor came when he was informed of Karan's condition and advised everyone to give him some time to adjust to his surroundings. After a few moments Karan opened his eyes completely and saw his family standing by his side. Everyone rushed to him and started bombarding him with questions.

Deepak: Silence! Abhi abhi utha hai bechara, saans toh lene do usko. Sab ek ek karke aayenge

Suhana (caressing his face): Karan, tu theek toh hai na beta. Kuch hua toh nahi na tujhe?

Karan: Mujhe kya hoga Mom? Mai toh first class hu

Sid: Woh toh dikh raha hai bro

Karan glared at him dangerously but a slight hit on his forehead by his Dad broke his trance.

Sooraj: Sid ko ghoorna band kar. Dhyaan nahi de sakta khud pe? Ya jo dekhta hai woh thoos leta hai. Tere wajah se dekh sabko kha - makha tension ho gaya. Baccha hai kya?

Param: Aur nahi toh kya? Galti khud karta hai aur jaan baaki sab ki nikal jaati hai

Barkha: Param, Dad, kyu daant rahe hai aap dono Karan ko? Haalt dekhiye uski

Faizi: Haalat kya dekhni hai Bhabhi? Ab hosh aa gaya hai janaab ko, ab nakhre dekhna Raja Sahab ke

Koel: Bass karo aap sab

Juhi: Bechara baccha. Tu theek hai na Karan?

Karan: Dekha. Sirf meri dono Maa hi hai jo meri side hai. Baaki sab toh daantne lage mujhe. Huh!

Sooraj: Bass aap dono (Juhi and Suhana) isko sar pe chada ke rakho. Iske laparwahi ke wajah se Monami ki kya halat ho gayi hai

Param: Aur nahi toh kya? Galti kare yeh barkhurdar aur bhugte meri bechari behen

Sanju: Monami hai kahan?

Sid: Woh God ji bro ke house gayi hai, thanks bolne

All: What?

Koel: Mandir gayi hai

Deepak: Iski Hindi nahi sudhri ab tak

Sooraj: Accha chalo, bahar chale

Everyone nodded in agreement and moved out of the ward. They saw Monami praying in the temple which was in the corridor. Suhana went towards her placed a hand over her shoulder. She turned back and found her mother- in- law standing there. Monami looked at a hopeful and questioning look. Suhana caressed her hair in the most loving and assuring way.