Chapter 18: I'm pregnant?

Two months had passed in a blink of an eye. Till now everything was going smoothly. Everyone was happy in their lives. Aneesh was still keeping away from everyone in the academy. But he was growing furious each passing day seeing Karan and Monami together and happy. He was just not able to digest the fact that Monami couldn't be his.

Karan and Monami were still thinking about parenthood. It was a big decision. Being parents is never easy. It would change their whole world and their equation with their partner as well. Thus they did not voice out their inner feelings to their partners as they themselves wanted to be sure.

It was a pleasant evening of February 13 just a day away from Valentines Day. But Dr. Monami was not in a very happy mood. She was a little grumpy and upset, she just couldn't understand what she was feeling that time.

She was sitting on the couch in the living room of their quarters with her eyes closed and Gabbar was snuggled into her stomach when Karan entered the room and saw her like that. He went towards her and caressed her hair a little and Monami opened her eyes.

Karan: All okay Rani Sahiba?

Monami: I don't know

Karan: Kya hua hai?

Monami: Pata nahi bada ajeeb sa lag raha hai. Bechaini ho rahi hai and I'm feeling a little off. Pata nahi, I just can't explain this feeling

Karan: Aaj date kya hai?

Monami (checking on her phone): February 13

Karan: Aapke periods ki date thi Biwi ji.

Monami just sat there shocked as soon as those words came out of her husband's mouth. She was supposed to get her period long ago and she was late this time! And this never happened with her before. She was always on time for her menses.

Karan: Kya hua Monami? Kya sochne lagi tum?

Monami: Kuch nahi. Mai abhi aayi. Kuch important kaam yaad aa gaya hai

Karan: Theek hai. Tum kar lo kaam. Mai bhi 5 mins mai drills ke liye chala jaunga. Aaj cadets ka test hai. Inspection ke liye jaana hoga

Monami: Okay

Karan (kissing her forehead): Take care. Aur zyada stress mat lena. Everything's gonna be okay

Monami: Haa

She quickly ran towards the dispensary but to her misfortune, Aneesh was in there. He saw her at the door and smiled cheekily at her. And even Monami forced a smile at him.

Monami (in mind): Arey yaar, kahan fass gayi. Ab yeh 10 ghante tak pakayega. Isko patli galli se katana padega. Kya karu?

Aneesh: Hi Monami

Monami: Umm... hi

Aneesh: Tum yahan?

Monami: Ha actually woh tumse milne koi aaya hai. Reception pe. So tumhe bula rahe the

Aneesh: Kaun?

Monami: Ab woh mujhe kaise pata hoga? Tum dekh lo na jaake

Aneesh: Okay. Mai jaldi se aata hu. Tum yahi rehna. Iske baad coffee peene chalenge

Monami (in mind): Ha bol deti hu isko. Nahi toh aur time waste karega. (To Aneesh) Okay

Aneesh (happily): Mai abhi aaya

As soon as Aneesh left the dispensary, Monami quickly grabbed 3 pregnancy tests from the shelf and hurried back to her quarter. She opened the door and first looked around that Karan was there or not. She sighed in relief when she found the whole space empty.