Chapter 17: Are we ready to be parents?

It was almost afternoon when Karan and Monami came back to the academy after spending some quality time with each other after many days. There was a serene smile on their faces that reflected the happiness of being together with each other. They were welcomed by a lot of teasings by their friends to which Monami blushed and Karan got annoyed. And one glare from Special Agent Karan Shergill just shut them up right away!

Karan and Monami were heading back to their quarter with their luggage when they saw Aneesh coming from the opposite side of the corridor. The situation was different for all three of them. On one hand where Monami was in an awkward spot, Aneesh was fuming in anger seeing the two happy together. But he averted his gaze to control his emotions. And Karan was all ready to burst out one man standing in front of him. Monami saw him fisting his hands in anger and gently held his hand. He opened up his fist and clutched his wife's hand tightly. They started walking towards each other and stopped halfway, standing in front of each other. Karan and Monami on one side and Aneesh on the other.

Aneesh: Umm... hi

Monami: Hi Aneesh. Kaise ho?

Karan glared at Monami for initiating a conversation. He wanted to ignore Aneesh like he didn't exist and here his dear wife was talking to him like all was fine! But Monami was a good soul, she didn't want to hurt Aneesh unnecessarily. He had apologised to her many times. Though she didn't accept his apology or his friendship, she didn't want to be rude to him.

Aneesh: I'm fine. And belated happy anniversary guys.

Monami: Thank you

Aneesh: Sorry woh mai kal wish nahi kar paya tum dono ko. Actually I was out for some work

Monami: That's totally alright. And no need to apologise

Monami overheard some people speaking the previous day that Aneesh was in a serious relationship with a girl that he was seeing on the dating app. So she was in a mindset that Aneesh had moved on in life and she was genuinely happy for him.

Aneesh: Karan, see I know ki jo bhi past mai hua woh shayad nahi hota toh better tha. But again I'm sorry. I hope we can co - exist

Karan (garbbing Monami's hand and walking off): Hmm

Aneesh just walked off with an angry face on his another failed attempt to win Monami's trust and friendship back.

Karan and Monami's quarter:

They entered their quarter and Karan obviously had a grumpy face on. They entered and were welcomed by their baby pup who was in Barkha's arms. But as soon as he saw Karan and Monami, he ran straight to his parents. He tried to climb on them with his little paws and licked their cheeks. They had their little family moment and then went to freshen up.

Karan made Gabbar have his lunch and gave him some toys to play. He was sitting on the sofa watching the little creature play but his mind was still wandering around Aneesh. Monami came out of the bedroom when she saw her husband lost in his own thoughts. She immediately understood what he must be thinking. She just back hugged him and let him be in that comfortable silence. After that they went and had their lunch in the mess with everyone.

Soon the kids were back from school and were really happy to see Karan and Monami back. It was a normal day after that. Everyone got back to their work.

It was post dinner that Monami was sitting in Koel and Faizi's quarter explaining some concept that Baby and Nikhil were finding difficult to understand. Karan was looking for her and ultimately found. But he stopped at the door itself seeing the three so concentrated. He smiled seeing how Monami handled the kids.