Chapter 12: Happy 5 years!!

Karan and Monami's quarter:

After 2 days when Karan was better, they shifted him back to the academy. But he was strictly ordered not to join his duty until he was perfectly alright. Juhi, Deepak, Suhana and Sooraj went back to Mumbai a day after Karan was discharged from the hospital.

Karan was sitting on the bed with a grumpy face because he was constantly fed tasteless food. Although he got rid of those soups, but now Monami gave him Khichdi and a ton of medicines.

He was thinking about all this when his wife entered with his 'lunch'. She set up the table for him on the bed itself and sat in front of him. She forwarded a spoonful of Khichdi to him which he had without showing any tantrums, which was really unusual. She kept the tray aside and cupped his face lovingly.

Monami: Kya hua Khadoos Shergill? Aaj bina nakhre kiye khaana kha rahe ho?

Karan: Kuch nahi bass aise hi. Accha nahi lag raha

Monami: Kyu? Tabiyat toh theek hai na? Kahi pain toh nahi ho raha?

Karan: Nahi. Aisa kuch nahi hai. Bas apna behaviour samajh nahi paa raha hu

Monami: Matlab?

Karan: Matlab ki kabhi bhi gussa aata hai, kuch khaane ka mann nahi karta, itni neend aati hai aur bass irritated rehta hu

Monami: Yeh sab toh medicine ke wajah se ho raha hai. Jab dawai band ho jayegi, tab sab theek ho jayega

Karan: Yeh toh pata hai mujhe. But baat kuch aur hai

Monami: Kya hua Karan? Kaho na kya baat hai?

Karan: Woh... woh

She scooted closer to him and kissed his forehead softly. He immediately pulled her onto his lap and hugged her tightly while encircling his arms around her waist and burring his face in her chest. She kept caressing his hair and let him be in silence for sometime.

Monami: Ab batao. Kya hua hai

Karan (snuggling into her chest): Bas. Dar lagta hai. Kahi mai inn mood swings ke wajah se tumhe hurt naa kar du

Monami: Aur tumhe aisa kyu lagta hai?

Karan: Kyunki medicine ke side effects ke kaaran mai irritate ho jata hu aur kuch bhi bol deta hu

Monami: Accha ek baat batao. Jab mai injured hoti hu aur mujhe medicine ke wajah se mood swings hote hai, ya mere periods ke time pe jab mai irritate hoti hu aur tumhe apna gussa nikal deti hu toh tum kuch kehte kyu nahi?

Karan (backing off from the hug): Kyunki mai tumse pyaar karta hu. And I know you don't mean what you say that time

Monami (pecking his lips): So my dear husband, isn't it applicable for me as well?

Karan (hugging her again and snuggling into her chest): Hmm

Monami: Bass hmm?

Karan: I just want to be like this forever

Monami: Me too. I love you Mr. Shergill

Karan: I love you too Mrs. Shergill

Even after a ton of tantrums, Monami took really good care of him with the help of everyone else. He showed many tantrums when it came to having soups, medicines or taking rest. But nevertheless, Monami accomplished "Mission Care" successfully. Her major supporters were Baby, Nikhil, Aayat and Samira. Monami used them as her nuclear weapon because she knew that Karan would never deny these kids. They truly made a part of his heart. And after a few days, Karan was back on the field, being perfectly alright and healthy.