CHAPTER 9

Jasmine held up her hands toward heaven and cried out to God. She did not realize how much hurt and pain she was carrying. The sweet peace of the Holy Spirit took over her entire body bringing her much-needed comfort. Jasmine wept due to her encounter with the holy ghost. She instantly felt lighter and an unexplainable warmth filled her heart. This moment with Jesus made her feel new and transformed. Jasmine did not have the words to say so she simply thank God for loving her, taking care of her, and eliminating the pain she kept hidden and buried for far too long. She began to forgive herself, her abuser, and her family for hiding the truth. At this moment, she felt like the victor and not the victim riding out her storm. 

Jasmine was happy she came to the prayer meeting with April. The service was filled with praise, worship, and effectual prayers. When the ministers came around praying for people and their needs under the holy spirit, Jasmine was impacted the most. The evangelist who prayed prophesied Jasmine's story of abuse, insecurities, and family background. Jasmine could not believe this complete stranger knew her background in detail. Several ministers came together in corporate prayer and prayed the scriptures over Jasmine's life. Jasmine felt generational curses were broken and her life was about to change for the best. 

She remained on a high that entire evening praising God like she never did before. April was overcome with emotions after watching her friend give her life to God. When the prayer meeting was completed, April gave Jasmine a huge hug. "How do you feel?" April said excitedly. "I am feeling great," Jasmine said. "I am so happy you came and got the breakthrough you needed," April said. "I am happy I did too," Jasmine announced. They hugged again and said their goodbyes. Jasmine prayed as she drove home

Dear Lord, 

Tonight I gave my heart to you. I am new at this but simply want to build a relationship with you. I know it will not be easy but you will be my friend, comforter, healer, and father every step of the way. I appreciate the love that you have always had for me from my mother's womb. Search me and create in me a new heart, mind, and spirit. I  want different I want you and based upon your word greater is in that is in me than he that is in the world. Hurt, Pain, trauma, regret, sadness, worry, and loss will not have me feeling inadequate any longer. Let your face shine upon me and be gracious towards me. I will trust in you and lean not unto my own understanding but seek your face and watch all things added unto me. I am ready for a better life and a purpose for my life. 

When Jasmine arrived home she lay in bed relaxed and contented. This week was transforming for her. Getting closer to Austin and now excepting Jesus in her heart brought much excitement and anticipation for the new things that were ahead. She started to think about her family reunion. It could be the closure and final chapter she needed to fully forgive and let go of her past if she decided to go.