CHAPTER 14

Jasmine had a long conversation with God about everything that was plaguing her. She finally had answers and knew what exactly she needed to do. She had no intentions of giving up now. She did not plan to lie down in self-pity any longer. Jasmine made up her mind and decided to go to the family reunion. She wanted to bring closure to the hurt to move on with her life fully. When she stood still she heard the holy spirit clearly and knew she had to finally let go of her past. As she packed her clothes she thought about Austin. She needed to do this to allow herself to love herself and love him as he deserved. Jasmine smiled and closed her eyes. She never knew love was even possible for her. This handsome and wonderful man wanted her in the long run. She reflected upon their relationship and decided she could not live without him. That realization proved to her her feelings were not strictly platonic and she was open to exploring what they could be with God's guidance. His kindness, support, and friendship were unexpected and wonderful. They had built good memories and she wanted that and needed that. 

After she was done packing she called her mom that night and told her the news. "Jasmine, I can't wait to see you. I am so happy you are coming," her mother said excitedly. "I can't wait to see you too," Jasmine said. "Are you staying with me? I have enough room for you and your brother," Sandra Patterson announced. "Of course, I will stay with you mom," Jasmine said feeling within her spirit she desperately needed to do this. "Have you decided to.............," her mom said being very careful how she asked the question. She too was shocked to learn Peter wanted to see Jasmine. Her brother had hurt her daughter and she carried that pain for a long time. She hated him for a long time and was happy when he was locked up for his crime against young girls. However, for her personal healing and relationship with God, she knew she had to forgive him too.

Jasmine knew where her mother went and felt for her too. After they finally moved her mother got her help and did everything to make her life comfortable. Jasmine never blamed her. Sometimes she forgot that her mother and her brother were impacted too after it all happened."Mom, honestly I don't know how to do it but I know I have to do it for my peace and to release him from my life. I have given my life to Christ and I know I can't hold on to unforgiveness and hate for this man any longer. I have met someone but this thing is still messing me up and I have to be free so I can be ready to be in a relationship with someone. I can't give you details on how I will do it but I am going to do it for me," Jasmine admitted. Jasmine's mother started to cry tears of joy. 

"Mom, are you okay" Jasmine stated confused by her response. "I am so happy to hear this," she said through sobs. Sandra had prayed for her daughter so much and wanted her ending to be victorious. "I hope to meet him," her mother smiled. "One day, you will," Jasmine thought wondering if Austin was still speaking to her. It had been two days and she knew she needed to talk to him. "I will see you tomorrow God willing," Jasmine told her mother. "I can't wait," Ms. Patterson said. After hanging up with her mother Jasmine checked her phone and saw messages from Austin asking her if she was okay and why she did not come in for work. Jasmine had sent an email earlier asking for a month's leave of absence to take care of some urgent family business. Jasmine knew Austin did not know so she had to tell him what was going on. She sent him a message requesting to see him.