CHAPTER 19

Austin looked down at Jasmine with love and appreciation. She had arrived to surprise him an hour ago and after the family reunion. She told him everything that happened with her aunts and cousins. She lay in his arms exhausted from the day's events and fell asleep. He was not complaining and loved being close to her. As he stared at her sleeping, he admired her face and knew he could wake up every day to her beautiful face. He loved her so much and anticipated being married one day soon so they could always be together. Suddenly, Jasmine woke up and stretched her arms in the air. "Austin, I am so sorry. I guess I was more tired than I realized," she said apologizing. "It's fine," he said locking eyes with her. Jasmine felt bad for keeping him away for so long. 

Austin knew she had gone somewhere and wanted to know. "What is it?" Austin asked. "I'm ready," Jasmine said. "Ready. Ready for what?" Austin asked confused. "For this meeting to finally take place tomorrow," she smiled. "My mother and brother are excited to meet you," Jasmine continued. Austin pulled her into his arms feeling the love.  "You have been so patient with me. I can't keep you hidden any longer. After I introduce you we can begin preparation to see Peter," Jasmine continued. Austin was happy beyond words. He was quiet taking it all in. "Are you okay? Is this okay?" Jasmine said looking into those intense green eyes. "More than okay," he said emotionally. She loved the soft, sweet, and emotional part of him. Jasmine smiled feeling good about this. She gently wiped the tears from his eyes and gently kissed him on the lips. 

Sandra and Brian were happy the day finally came to meet Austin. "Brian, please behave," Jasmine warned him as he helped his mother and wife set the table. "I always behave. I don't remember you ever bringing a guy home. I am the father figure in this home and I must approve," Brian teased. Jasmine glared at him and Sandra and Michelle laughed at his confession. The doorbell rang and Jasmine got up to answer it. She whispered again to Brian, "Behave." Jasmine gasped at the handsome and clean-cut man before her, "You look good," Jasmine said giving Austin a huge hug. He wore a nice jacket and jeans. It amazed her how nice he always looked without even trying. "You look beautiful," he said kissing her on the cheeks and admiring the lovely printed dress she wore. Their eyes met knowing this was a turning point in their relationship. He slipped his hands in hers and walked with her to the dining room. 

Sandra and Michelle smiled at the handsome stranger. Brian kept a straight face the entire time because he needed to know if this man was right for his sister. "Ms. Patterson, Michelle, and Brian," Austin said shaking each of their hands. "It's a pleasure to meet you all," he smiled. "It's nice to meet you," Sandra greeted him. Sandra and Michelle looked at each other pleased by his introduction. Brian was not so easily impressed by the handsome stranger. "It's really nice to meet you," Sandra continued. "The pleasure is all mine," Austin smiled warmly. "So how did you and Jasmine meet?" Sandra asked. "Five years ago at work in Atlanta. I thought she was beautiful but she refused to date me for years until now," Austin admitted. "What changed?" Michelle asked. "God. It was just the appointed time and we finally went for it," he said looking into Jasmine's eyes. 

Brian was not persuaded so easily. "Tell us about yourself," Brian requested. "Okay. Well, I come from a family of three siblings. I have one brother and two sisters. I am the middle child. My family owns the company Jasmine works for. I am one of the lead advertisers and accountants at the company," he continued. Sandra was already pleased Jasmine and Austin seemed so compatible. "What else do you have in common?" Brian asked sternly. Jasmine looked on at her brother wondering where he was coming from. "Besides work, the most important thing we have in common is our relationship with Jesus. Our faith and trust in God is the greatest thing we have in common," Austin admitted excitedly. "Were you always a Christian? Why change now and what does my sister have to do with this change in you?" Brian asked boldly. "Brian," Jasmine scolded him. "It's okay," Austin said understanding where Brian was coming from. He got it. Brian needed to know he was right for his sister. 

"Your sister has everything to do with it. Her relationship with God pushed me to this point. I am not a saint and my past is not pretty when it comes to women. But I am different now and want to be with your sister with all my heart," Austin said. "Well, that's wonderful," Sandra intervene. "Brian, Jasmine is important to me. This is not a temporary relationship. I want a future with Jasmine. I love her with everything in me," Austin admitted. Jasmine was shocked that he revealed his love for her. It was enough to shut up Brian and put a smile on his face. Sandra and Michelle smiled too. "Let's pray and eat," Sandra said overjoyed.

"I hope Brian is behaving," Jasmine said as she helped her mom prepare dessert in the kitchen. "I do believe Austin can handle himself," Sandra reassured her.  "He is really sweet, kind, and so, devoted to you," Sandra giggled. "Mom," Jasmine laughed. "Baby, you have good taste," Sandra stated. You are a blessed and highly favored girl," her mother teased. Jasmine laughed at her mother's enthusiasm. "I know a wonderful combination," Jasmine admitted. 

When they got back to the dining room Austin and Brian were laughing. Michelle was playing with the twins. Jasmine was surprised to see her brother warm up to Austin. The rest of the evening was lighter and conversations went smoothly.

Austin looked at the family photos of Jasmine. Her mother had shown him a few and he basked in her beauty even as a child. He got a chance to see her childhood room and experienced fond explanations from fond memories from her mother and brother. Austin even got a one-on-one conversation with Sandra and Brian. He pointed out his intentions to the family. 

When it was time to leave Austin got hugs from Sandra, Michelle, and Brian. He played with the babies and said farewell. Jasmine was pleased to see her family falling for the man that she loved.