CHAPTER 13

Jasmine prayed and cried that night. She ignored the calls and messages from Austin the next day. She was still wrapping her mind around his confession of love for her. Did she love him? She kept searching for answers about how she reacted. She got knocked out of her thoughts when her phone rang and her brother Brian's name flashed across the screen. She picked it up instantly knowing it must be urgent or important to get a call from him so early in the morning. 

"Hey big sis, how are you? " he said on the other end. "I am good. How are you, your wife, and the twins?" Jasmine asked. She loved her little brother who was so mature for his age. He was recently married and had twins. "Are you really good Jasmine? Mom said she invited you to the family reunion," He mentioned. "Are you going?" Jasmine asked. "Yes and I want you to be there," Brian confessed. "Maybe, I might come. There are some wounds that I need to heal so I can move on with my life," she said. 

"Never heard you talk like this before. Is there someone special in your life?" Brian asked jokingly. "Maybe there is," Jasmine laughed. "I would be happy for you. You deserve happiness after everything you have experienced. "Thank you," Jasmine smiled.

"I also called for another reason," he began. Jasmine sat up curious about this reason. "Are you sitting down," he asked worried how he would break this news to her. "Yes," Jasmine said concerned about what she was about to hear. "Uncle Peter is back in town finally paying for his crimes the last few months. But he is sick with AIDS and in the hospital dying. He is in the last stage and.............. he is asking to see you," Brian said feeling bad that he had to deliver the news to Jasmine. Brian's wife was a nurse and found out more about Uncle Peter.

Jasmine started pacing the room in disbelief. Why did the monster want to see her? Jasmine grew quiet and pale. She felt like her eight-year-old self again when she met this man for the first time. "Jasmine are you there?" Brian ask confused when he did not hear her voice. How was she going to face a family reunion and confront her molester? It was a lot happening at the same time. "Jasmine you don't owe him anything. Forgiveness is about yourself. You can tell him how you felt all these years. This may be the closure you need. I am so happy you Found Jesus in the midst of the pain. I know it's hard to process this but this is empowerment for you, "Brian suggested. 

"I have to go," Jasmine said hanging up the phone. This was not what she expected. She wrapped herself under her blanket and cried herself to sleep. Only God could help her with the immense pain she was feeling. 

April called Jasmine for the tenth time wondering why she was not answering her phone. She was concerned when she had not returned her call and explained what happened between her and Austin. She had a heavy weight and felt that she needed to see her. She was getting worried. After knocking again Jasmine finally opened the door. April saw the puffy eyes and was worried. She wrapped her arms around her and quickly came inside. 

Both April and Jasmine looked at her cell phone ringing. "Are you going to answer that?" April asked. "No, I don't want to talk," Jasmine admitted. "Okay," April said leaving it at that. "I have listened to you and know you have had an eventful night. I will support you with the decisions you make. Be sure to know you are not alone," April rubbed her hands gently. "Thanks," Jasmine smiled appreciating her support.

"Do you want to pray about it and ask the holy spirit what to do?" April asked. Jasmine nodded and April drew nearer to her friend.

Dear Lord and Savior,

You are our present help in this time of trouble. We join together based on your word where two or three gather and agree. Your servant Jasmine comes before you because of the decisions she has to make. Please give her wisdom and understanding to figure out the steps ahead.  Help her in regard to her relationship with Austin. If he is the companion you have for her, Lord please help her see it clearly. 

Only you can give peace that passeth all understanding. Please give her peace and the release of the next step when it comes to the family reunion and the decision to confront her abuser. Lord, give her the breakthrough to overcome every hurt, pain, and discomfort of her past. Revive her mind, body, and soul. Help her see herself the way you see her and to fully trust you. 

Amen