Chapter 25

I followed the direction that Jay gave me. I don't look back at all. With my heart full with worry and nervousness, I enter the last room.

Faces turned to me but I wasn't paying attention to that. All I was thinking about was my mate who- in a last attempt to protect the pack and myself, went all the way to the remains of what used to be the Blue Bloods pack. He probably didn't think than an attack would come soon or he would not have gone.

"Luna," one of the many guards surrounding me calls out. "Are you alright?"

"Yes," I reply while nodding. Suddenly, I am dizzy. All I want is my mate here. I am tempted to cry but the faces of my pack member's watch me closely. I have to be strong for them.

"Luna," a young child calls out. "Where is the Alpha?"

I don't want to worry them anymore then they are so I stand up tall and take a deep breath in. "He was in the nearby town, but he is here now."

Relieved sighs escape from many. Glancing around the room, I notice my parents huddling in the corner with other people. They both glance at me before observing me heads to toe. Just to make sure I'm OK I presume.

I then notice Beth with her sister. Savannah seemed oblivious to the danger outside the room which made me comforted. Beth on the other hand was watching me intently as is she was trying to convey a message. She suddenly mouths Rose.

Rose? What about- I suddenly stop right there when I notice she isn't here; and so was Mason.

I turn to the guards around me. "We need to count everyone here. I think they're people still outside."

One of the guards glances at the other. Turning back to me, he answers solemnly. "Luna, we already checked. There are a total of three hundred and forty people in the pack. We only have one hundred and seventy people here."

"We are going out there to get the rest."

"But its war out there Luna and the Beta told us to make sure everyone stays here; especially yourself."

"Well I refuse to sit around while our pack members, old and young, die out there. Now I need three guards to come with me or else I will leave by myself."

Everything was silent afterwards. Everyone was watching me now with looks of admiration and. Even my own parents which I thought was pretty cool because for a second I thought they were going to stare at me in disappointment.

As the silenced continued, I felt myself becoming nervous. What if no one wanted to come with me? I'd have to hold onto my promise even though that scared me now.

Luna, the enemies want you for Brayton. Brayton is only here to kill you. He has no more interest on getting his old members back. He- and everyone he brought along- is here for you and you alone.

I take a startled step backwards. What? Why?

The guard was definitely uncomfortable and so were the rest. He didn't respond immediately but afterwards he did. "You're the Alphas mate. You are a target to everyone outside this pack."

I take a shaky inhale before releasing it. I glanced at everyone here realizing that I had already made up my mind. My parents, Mason's parents, Beth and majority of people were slowly shaking their heads no, telling me that I shouldn't do it. Slowly I turn my head towards the guards glancing at each and every one of them.

"So who's coming with me?"

Beta Jay

I growl loudly when another wolf tries to attack me on the side. I leapt on top of him and bite down on his neck. He tries to growl intimidating but it doesn't work on me. In fact it only angers my wolf more. I bite down hard until he stops breathing and is now still. Throwing the dead wolf to the side, I glance around at the pack.