Chapter 5

I couldn't control my breathing one bit. I'm sure everyone could hear my anxious heart beating louder and louder as the seconds pass. I didn't want him coming at all. I was scared of what might happen to us. What if he killed us off one by one? He was infamous for doing such things that I wouldn't be surprised.

But what would he do to me? I was his other half after all. He can't exactly kill off his other half right? That thought sent a shiver up my spine. Although Alpha Thaddeus was cruel and cold I hoped deep down he had a warm place in his heart. Especially one for his mate.

The guard holding my wrists let go and went somewhere else. I scowled and immediately rubbed my sore red wrists. He could have at least softened his hold on me.

My eyes darted around trying to find someone. When I couldn't I released a sigh. But as if on cue the same mouth-watering scent from earlier seemed to appear out of nowhere. But as the scent seemed to be there, the Alpha was not.

Or so I thought.

I turned my head forward just in time to see the tallest person enter the room. Even if he wasn't Alpha I guarantee if he ever walked into a room with his height and those dazzling looks he'd attract a lot of attention. Especially from the females.

At that thought a growl emerged from me. All heads snapped in my direction including his. Alpha Thaddeus's dark mysterious eyes roamed over my face. I wasn't sure if I saw correctly but when his gaze landed on my cheek I could've sworn I saw a hint of anger in those almost pitch black eyes of his. But it was gone in an instant. A blush immediately took over as we made brief eye contact before I diverted my eyes to the ground. I cursed myself for being so foolish in front of everyone especially my mate who probably didn't want me.

When all attention was back on him, I sighed quietly trying not to humiliate myself any farther. He stood tall and imposing at the front of everyone, standing on top of a platform that made him look out into the crowd with a threatening glare in his eyes that made you cower away when they landed on you. It made him look more attractive in a way. I wasn't sure if it was myself or the mate pull that was commencing these thoughts but I wasn't complaining.

I hadn't even realized that he had begun to talk until I noticed my pack members stiffen.

"Many of you must be wondering what I plan to do with you all," he began, his deep monotone voice making me sigh out in pleasure, "and I assume most of you already know it."

My heart stopped beating for a moment. He couldn't be serious right? He couldn't possibly kill us all like nothing. My wolf cried out in pain. She wasn't the only one to do so. Many others from what I can see had tears already crawling down their cheeks. I too, was about to let the tears slip down but I held myself together.

He observed us all before continuing. "But after having a discussion with my Beta I've decided to change the plans."

His eyes connected with mine as what he said finally registered in my head. He was the first to break eye contact and glanced at the crowd as everyone but the guards surrounding us looked around in confusion as if the person next to them knows. I pulled my eyebrows together in confusion. What was he planning? I glanced at his Beta who stood behind him. His facial expression wasn't giving anything away. Like Alpha Thaddeus, the Beta was emotionless.

I hadn't noticed this earlier but Alpha Thaddeus and his Beta were similar in appearance. They both had huge body figures and eyes that made you want to pee your pants when they land on you. Even though his Betas eyes were a dark green I still found them slightly intimidating.

"We have decided to have you all join The Dark Moons pack."

My mouth went wide opened at this. Join this pack? The same pack that destroyed our pack. After the words were out of his mouth silence ascended into the room. Not one person moved a muscle. Heck, his very own guards looked shocked to hear this coming from their own Alpha.