Chapter 26

*Happy Canada Day!*
...From a Canadian to all my fellow Canadian readers!

A loud scream rippled through the air. It takes me a while to understand where its coming from but when a guard puts her hand on my shoulder that's when I know. It was me the whole time.

Dropping to the ground, I urgently grab onto my mate. Blood is streaming from the corner of his mouth. Biting down on my bottom lip, I cradle his head on my lap.

"Thaddeus, don't do this to me," I cry out. My strength is broken inside of me and all I do is cry. My tears fall all over his face.

Hearing cries from the one who pulled the trigger, I turn my head and glare at her until she notices the daggers I'm sending her way. She has no reason to cry.

"Take her to one of the most secure cells and lock her up," I demand keeping my eyes locked on hers.

"Annabel please I'm sorry!" Rose continues to scream. "I didn't mean to hurt him."

Of course, you meant to kill me instead, I think bitterly. Focusing on my mate now, I let my hands trail over his wet face. I put him down softly as pack doctors and guards surround us.

"Go scour the area with extra guards. If there are any rogues, you show them no mercy," I say to some guards near me. They nod their heads and leave immediately.

I lean forward and press my head to Thaddeus chest. I avoid the bloody gap and listen to his heart beat. It wasn't beating like it used to, in fact it was beating much slower.

"Can you fix him?" I ask Richard. He doesn't meet my eyes at all.

"We'll try."
_

_

Richard and many others focused mainly on Thaddeus and Jay. The Alpha's house was practically on lockdown. No one was allowed in at all. I was the only one who could go in and out though. No one bothered to say anything to me. I think most where worried of how I was handling things.

I didn't speak as much honestly and the last time I ate was last night. I still had to help the pack somehow and the only one who was holding me together was my mate. Even though he was lying down in a bad state, I drew strength from him.

Walking closer to my mate, I realize the doctors are prying the 2 bullets out of his chest slowly and carefully. My bottom lip wobbles as I am trying so hard to control my gears. I know crying won't do anyone good.

I turn away from it and check up on Jay. He wasn't looking so good either. The doctors stitched up his injuries on his legs and neck. Currently, they were placing a neck brace on him and a cast on each leg. I winced at the pain both Thaddeus and Jay might feel when they wake up.

"Luna," one of the doctors, Shira, says. She approachs me cautiously with a pitiful look. "Would you like to know about their injuries?"

I nod not really ready for it at all. "Well, Beta Jay broke some of his bones below both knees. He should recover in a few days or so with the Beta blood in him. As for the injury on his neck, it should take about a month or even more. On the other hand, Alpha Thaddeus should heal quite quickly after he wakes up. But because we have to extract the bullets that were deeply implented into his chest, we had to use extra medication to keep him down. He will wake up in a few hours or so, maybe even more."

I nod and mumble a thank you as my chest is full of relief. "He'll be OK," I say to myself as she walks away.

Heaving a sigh, I sit on a chair next to Thaddeus and take hold of his cold rough hands. I don't know what I have to say but all I want to do is scream at him to wake up. Just when everything was going goo between us, someone just had to ruin it. The someone had to be Rose.