Chapter 13

A week later...

Sometimes things change. No one knows why but that's just something you need to find out yourself.

Creeping down the stairs of my mates home, I noticed two changes. One: the entire place was empty of people. Not even the woman who served me breakfast for the past few days. Alpha Thaddeus wasn't here, unsurprisingly. That one morning where he allowed me to accompany him to a meeting was the only time he woke up early to talk to me. Ever since, he has been avoiding me.

Anyway, I headed straight toward the kitchen but it was completely empty.

I opened the front door and slipped out. Two guards were stationed outside and they both glanced at me before one came up to me.

"Luna," the guard said calmly, "no one is to be outside of their homes until the Alpha and the trackers are done checking the perimeters."

"Why?" Seeing the hesitant look on his face, I knew whatever it is must be confidential.

Taking a guess though, I looked him in the eyes and said, "does this have anything to do with Alpha Brayton?"

The guard flicked his gaze behind me and as if to shoot a look for help, he raised his eyebrows and clearly looked nervous.

"You know what? Whatever," I said loving how the guard was so easy to read. "But may I please have breakfast?"

The guard nodded before turning to leave. He hesitated at first, clearly afraid of breaking his Alphas word. But as if he was having a personal talk with the Alpha using the mind link, he shook his head and walked towards the pack house.

Walking back inside, I headed towards the kitchen grabbing a water bottle. Breakfast might take a while anyways.

I then made my way towards the living room. I grabbed the remote off the coffee table and made myself comfortable on the couch before flipping through the channels. I frowned in disappointment. He only had news channel. He didn't even have entertainment, only mundane news channels.

I sighed before shutting the TV off and wandering around the mansion. Why was it that my mate had to be boring? He didn't even have games to play.

An idea crept into my mind, before I shook my head. I shouldn't … but I wanted to. Creeping to his room, I paused near the door. A fight was still happening in my mind. But then my wolfs voice spoke up.

Go in, what are you waiting for? She asks excitedly, while I roll my eyes.

So now she speaks to me, I thought. If wolves could eye roll, I swear I felt mine do an eye roll in my head.

So dramatic, she said back before being quiet again.

I sighed and reached out to touch the door handle when I heard a distant knock. I could already smell my breakfast before I reached the front door. The guard stood outside with a stoic expression. Smiling at him, I took my breakfast from his hold.

"Thank you." The guard nodded before returning to his position in front of the house.

I turned my back towards them and sat in the living room instead of the dining room. My reason: I'd much rather sit on a comfy couch rather than a wooden chair.

As I continued eating, I planned out what I was going to do for the day. I wasn't allowed to bother Mason and Rose since today was for themselves. Besides, I've been spending so much time with them last week they both told me to leave them alone for one day. Of course Mason said this, jokingly I think. Rose was more nicer to me then Mason, but I still got their message.