Isnt it ironic? Chapter 13

HEY GUYS :33 SOO I SHOULD REALLY BE DOING MY HISTORY ESSAY RN BUT OBVIOUSLY THIS IS MORE IMPORTSNT :333 ENJOY!!
And sorry for disappearing again :c

It was just another Thursday, thank god the weekend was making its way here, I couldn't stand not having my two days of rest, although there was that concert.

I was tidying up the front counters when I heard the bell ring, an elderly couple walking in. The man wore an old-time looking brown coat with a patterned sweater under it. What I assumed was his wife as obvious by the way their eyes practically glittered as they held hands, she was wearing an also old-looking dress with loafers. The two seemed mesmerized by eachother, it was that special something that made you believe in true love once you saw it.

They came to the front desk and ordered to stay, mentioning it was their 45th anniversary which made me feel all warm yet a weird kind of lonely at the same time. I wrote down their order and went to work making the order.

As I was doing so, I heard another ring from the bell on the door.

"Just a minute, I'll be with you shortly" I called out to the person.

"Don't keep me waiting too long love" he said, the man at the counter smirked.

"In that case serve yourself" I jokingly replied to who I realized was regulas.

"Well that's not very holly jolly Christmas spirit of you!" His voice coo'd.

I rolled my eyes at his words, making my way back over to the coffee station and pouring an almost perfected design. When I placed the couples order down on their table I couldn't help but smile at their small interactions, wether it had been the holding hands across the table or even small bickers, it was so innocent, it was love in its purest form.

I quickly yelled out my 15 to my co-worker and came strolling to regulas. "hello sir what would you like to order" I slid my arms over the countertop.

"Hmm I think I'd have to take a y/n with a side of y/n" he joked.

"Coming right up!" I peaked around the counter, sitting at the newly cleaned table.

Reg sat, very obviously impatient to tell me something. "So.. you know how you kinda just work and never have fun? Well I'm bringing you to this new years party Saturday, well it's more of a pub event but all my mates will be there so it counts"

"Hey!! I have fun. Ironically I was planning on going to this small concert Saturday with amphie but I could just ask to change our plans and invite her? Where is this pub?"
(Amphirite/rie)
I really don't like large groups of people I don't know but it's just a couple of friends probably.

"Oh uhhm it's the dead wax social, it's quite popular, here I'll write the address down for you" he looked around for a pen before I lent him mine, and jotted down the address on a napkin. I folded it into my pocket and listened as regulas went on his usual routine of rambling about how insane his friends are- even a story about the time his friend was in a police chase with a stolen motorcycle.

"Jesus! The guy didn't even get the money to repair it after? That's insane, what the fuck was th-eo? think-" I was interrupted by the 15 minute timer I set and a line which was starting to take form of bunch hour.  "We'll talk later reg, I have to go and you know, work before my coworker strangles me" I said, having to stand on my tippy toes to properly kiss his cheek.

Finally freeing myself of the tight knots made on my green apron uniform, I sighed in content. Ignoring the aches in my shoulders from lifting bags of flour and dumping out all the trash bags around the cafe. I closed up shop as it was now practically instinct, cleaning off the counters, switching off the lights, turning the sign and locking the doors. At this point I could do it even while daydreaming and not have to worry. Maybe regulas was right, maybe I should start going out more, I thought.

The best part of the day, the walk back to my flat with music blasting in one ear. Of course the exercise was pleasant but what really made it easily the most enjoyable was the breeze, smelling the salt from not too far, and of course, the view combined with music. An experience that could heal any wounds to your soul, probably.

Though the breeze wasn't the most pleasant thing ever in the moment, as everything was mostly frozen. Snowflakes falling from the sky as if they were each individually crafted by hand, so soft and delicate they'd instantly melt as they hit the concrete.

My hands were forced into my puffer jacket pockets as I realized how cold my hands felt, my fingertips feeling like little needles poking at them. It was just then that I remembered the address on the napkin by feeling its lumpy feeling in my pocket. Grabbing it I read it, it sounded familiar.. would this be the same pub I was already planning on going to? Isn't that just ironic. Guess I won't have to rearrange plans then, I thought.

AFTER NOTE!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE READING AKJRJS I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE STILL HERE!! I love my two books with all my heart and it pains me when I'm never motivated to write :(( please do give constructive criticism on this chapter if you can!! I want to make sure this rewrite isn't as bad as the last one aha..