𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 .𝟎𝟐

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

I glance back to Aonung, watching him walk off with his sister. I hear my siblings call for my name, as I was wayy behind them. I see his head slightly turn back to me.
So embarrassing.
He flashes me a shit eating grin, and turns back around. I roll my eyes, making my way into the pod to see my family get ready for bed.
"Goodnight everyone." My father says, half asleep.

About half an hour has passed, and everyones asleep. I can't get Aonung off my mind no matter what I do. I decide to sneak out, looking up at all the stars. In the velvet dark, bright lights lit up the moon sky, as I stroll across the beach, feeling the soft sand in between my toes.
I stop in my tracks, as I notice someone familiar diving into the water.
Out of all people, Aonung??

I decide to follow him, however not jumping in the water. He'd notice me. I slowly and carefully submerge myself under the surface, to see him swimming away. I try to keep up, and I see him stop.

He turns around, once again with a smug smile plastered across his face. He signs to me.
What was he saying??
He rolls his eyes as I throw him a confused look. He looks up at the surface, and I nod.
I catch my breathe.
"What're you doing, following me around?"
he asks, smirking.
"I'm not following you around. I couldn't sleep." I respond.
"Why not forest girl?" He laughs
"I'm not your forest girl." I respond
His jokes were so unfunny.
"I know, you aren't my forest girl."
I roll my eyes at him, breathing in and going back underwater. I look down to see this long creature swim below me.
Frightened for my life, I swim back to the surface.
"What the hell is that thing?" I ask, eyes wide.
"Relax, its just my ilu. Like your ikrans, just underwater."
"Thank god. Can we ride it?"
"Well I can, you'll have to hold on."
I nod.

"Can you get on by yourself?" He asks, laughing.
"Probably. I don't need your help."
I regret saying that, since he stood there awkwardly watching me try to get on.
I turn to him and sigh, as he laughs yet again. Am I really that funny?

He grabs a hold of my hips with his hands. They were big, and cold. I shivered at the touch of him on my hips. I look down at him, to see him staring right up at me.
He places me on, holding eye contact. I felt my body heat up.
"There you go." He says, slightly whispering.
I look down at the ilu breaking eye contact. In my peripheral, I could see his smug face still staring at me.
"Thanks." I respond. He gets on infront of me, grabbing my hands and placing them on his waist.
"Hold tight, you might fall off."
I nod, as we start going slowly.
"A bit slow, don't you think?" I say.
He laughs, as we go underwater, riding the ilu probably faster than me flying my ikran. I held onto his waist for dear life, screaming underwater.

I'm pretty sure I inhaled half of the ocean. I swim back to the top.
"Oh my god. I can't believe you. You did that on purpose." I breathe.
"You said we were going slow. Don't worry, I won't let you fall off this time. I think you should go back to swinging on those trees of yours" He smirks. He was so obviously trying to annoy me.
I hit the side of his head.

He reaches his hand out, to help me get on the ilu. I hold a strong grip on his waist, as his hand slithers its way up my thigh, to make sure I don't fall off.

Every single time he touched me, I felt major butterflies. His soft yet harsh touch on my skin is what I wanted. Why? I don't know. I know him for what, less than a day? We aren't even friends, let alone anything else.

We start riding the ilu underwater, fast, but a little slower than last time. I look down to see all the fish swim away from us, hiding amongst the corals of the reef.

I smile to myself, it was so beautiful.

We swim for a bit, and I realise it's nearly sunrise.
"Oh shit." I say. "It's nearly sunrise. I gotta go."
I say, as Aonung stays quiet and nods.

╰┈➤ ❝ aonungs pov
"Oh shit." y/n says. "It's nearly sunrise. I gotta  go."
I stay quiet. I didn't want her to go. It's not like we're friends or anything, I'm just bored.
I nod, as she lets go of my waist, and i drop her off at the shore. "Bye. Could we ride again later?" She asks, smiling.
"Yeah yeah, sure whatever." I say, trying to hide a smile. She hops off, walking back to her hut.
I look at her, inspecting every inch of her body. She looks back at me, waving me a bye. I nod, submerging myself back into the water.

Oh how I just wanted to run after her and drag her back into the water with me.
I shake my head, ignoring those thoughts and focus on swimming.

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

"y/n, everyones waiting for you. Wake up, for fucks sake!" I hear someone, as I quickly open my eyes to see Lo'ak towering above me.
"You're finally awake. Hurry up! We're about to learn how to swim on those sea creatures!" he says, nudging me with his foot.
"huh? okay. let me get up and go away."
He sighs, walking off.
I get up, to see Tsireya, Neteyam, Rotxo, Aonung, Kiri, and Tuk all look at Lo'ak walking back towards them. They look at him, and down to me.

I see Tsireya smile, as she cups her hands around her mouth and yells.
"Y/n! You're awake! Come!" she exclaims.
I smile, nodding as I run over to them.
"If you want to live here, you need to learn how to ride." Aonung says, as he calls for the ilus. All the memories from last night, well, this morning, come flooding in. How he held me. How he looked at me.

Tsireya helped Lo'ak and Tuk, Rotxo helped kiri and Neteyam. Everyone went with who they liked. Well, besides Neteyam and Tuk. They got picked out randomly.

What a coincidence, I ended up with Aonung.

a/n: second chapter!! i tried adding in some juicy scenes and stuff, then i realised that they only know eachother for less than a day, I didn't want to make it TOO unrealistic. i'm also gonna upload another chapter or two today, you guys are luckyyy 😘😘 hope you enjoyed 💗💗
luv ya xox